First Day 5

"Fate brings together those who do not believe in it."

3rd P.O.V

Wonwoo opened the door to his dorm and walked into the bathroom. He had yet to meet his roommate but he was glad about it. Wonwoo wasn't the type of person who talked much. He kept his thoughts to himself. It's not that he couldn't talk. He just preferred not to. You could blame that on his parents. He'd spent his whole life being told that what he said didn't matter. So, he just stopped talking altogether. That made his family happy. That made him believe he had done something right. He sighed before washing his face. He looked in the mirror. He saw the face of a boy who'd given up on hope. He'd began to pull out his blade but before he got a chance, he heard the door open. He slid it back into his bag and hesitantly walked out of the bathroom. A boy with dark hair and pale skin stood in front of him. His eyes looked puffy as if he'd been crying. The boy dropped his bag to the ground and grabbed his chest. He collapsed to his knees in front of Wonwoo. Wonwoo didn't know how to react but he could tell that something was wrong. It was a moment later when Wonwoo realized the boy was having a panic attack. He walked over to him and bent down on his knees. The boy didn't know him but he'd had his fair share of panic attacks.

"Hey, close your eyes for me and grab onto my hands." The boy looked up at Wonwoo with terrified eyes. "Please let me help you." The boy ultimately grabbed onto Wonwoo's hands. He looked at Wonwoo before closing his eyes. "Now, focus on the feeling of my hands. Tell me what it feels like"

"They feel calloused. Like you've been playing an instrument for years." Wonwoo smiled despite himself. He had played the guitar for most of his life.

"I have. I play the guitar." His roommate began to calm down as Wonwoo talked.

"You have a beautiful voice." Wonwoo frowned at those words.

"It's that so?"

"Mhm." That'd been the first time in his life that he'd ever heard someone say those words.

"Well, I'm glad someone thinks so. Are you okay now?" The boy opened his eyes and looked at Wonwoo.

"That wasn't exactly how I wanted our first meeting to go. I'm sorry." Wonwoo shook his head.

"No worries. I don't think I've talked this much in 5 years so I have to thank you. My voice isn't usually welcome where I come from."

"Well, now it is. It's welcome with me. I've never had someone calm me down like that." Wonwoo frowned.

"Do those panic attacks happen often?" He shook his head.

"No. They really only happen when I get overwhelmed. Today was overwhelming." The boy hadn't let go of Wonwoo's hands but he didn't really mind. Something about the boy made him feel safe. He found it somewhat terrifying thinking about it. He didn't feel safe at home so why did he feel safe with a random stranger? Wonwoo didn't know.

"Well, why don't we get some food and rest? We have a whole week to get used to this place. Before then, could I get your name?" The other chuckled.

"I'm sorry. I'm Mingyu." He said, holding out his hand. Wonwoo grabbed it.

"Wonwoo. It's nice to meet you." The boy known as Mingyu smiled. The two boys stood up. Wonwoo picked up Mingyu's bag and sat it down on his bed. "Come on. Let's go get you some food." Mingyu nodded and walked over to the door. The hallway was quiet as they walked.