Chapter 31: Temper

Start from the beginning

Subaru: I want to check out the rest of the area. I'll come speak with you after the match.

Y/N: But you-(receives a quick chop to the head)

Subaru: (gives a headpat) I'll be fine. Go have some fun with your friends.

Y/N: O-Ok. (walks away with Katsune)

Now left alone, Subaru feels a twitch of pain on his back for a moment.

Subaru: (kneels down in pain) Not yet

Back at Amity Colosseum, Y/N and Katsune make it over to Ruby and Blake as the match is about to start.

Ruby: (cheerfully) Y/N!

Y/N: Sorry, I'm late.

Blake: Was the talk with your father ok?

Y/N: It was. I...really needed it.

With that, Ruby and Blake hold hands with Y/N as the three teens watch as their friends make it to the arena.

Yang: (stands in the center of the arena with Weiss) Well, now it's our turn!

Weiss: Just remember to keep proper form.

Yang: (chuckles) Alright. (tone shifts to strategic) You're from Atlas. What could we expect?

Weiss: (lifts off the facts) Well, seeing as their home Kingdom, academy and armed forces are all merged as one, I think we can expect strict, militant fighters with advanced technology and carefully rehearsed strategies.

At that very moment, a rainbow zooms past the two surprised tournament combatants as from there Neon stands with Flynt.

Weiss: (recovering from the shock faster than her partner) Or whatever they are.

Flynt: Hey! (Weiss looks over to him as he gestures at her with a smile) You Weiss Schnee, right? The heiress.

Weiss: (bows her head and smiles in response) I am.

Flynt: I take it you're pretty good with Dust, then?

Weiss: (shrugs humbly) I do my best.

Flynt: Yeah, my dad was good too. Owned a little Dust shop of his own. (scowls as his friendly tone starts to turn hostile) Till your father's company ran him out of business.

Weiss: Oh. (looks ashamed now) I'm sorry to hear that.

Flynt: (looks away sarcastically) Sure you are.

Yang: (raises her finger) Hey! Why don't you-

Neon: (mocking her) Hey! Why don't you? That's what you sound like!

Yang: (unsure on how to react) Uh...

Neon: Hey! Where'd you get your hair extensions?

Yang: This is just my normal hair.