Chapter 25

"Maybe forever was a word meant for memoriesNot people

Not people. . . "

Ever since I locked away that diary in my office, I've been dying to read it, dying to learn what's been haunting her nights and her life, to learn what ripped off her smile and happiness, but now that I have the diary in my hands, I couldn't seem to find the will to open it, to read her nightmares.

Sliding a finger in between the diary I felt the roughly dented pages. I traced over her wordings, her writing that left deep dents in the pages, edging me further to open it, just read it.
Even with her permission I felt hesitant. I wasn't scared of what was written in these pages, because nothing would make me think less of her, but I knew it would push me over the edge to break any and every promise.

Swallowing in a deep breath I pushed open the diary and ran my eyes over the words written on the page with such haste and force that it felt brutal, the words felt alive as I began to read.

Diary

It was my sixteenth birthday when everything went downhill, when every happiness was ripped away from me, and I had no one else to blame but me. I killed them...I killed my parents with my stubbornness....

It was my birthday and I begged my dad to let me drive..only if I had listened to mom...only if I wasn't so selfish and stubborn they would still be here...but they died...in that car accident I survived but they died.

Days turned into weeks then months and years and I went from foster care to another till I turned 17 and people decided I don't deserve a home anymore, and maybe they were right... Maybe I didn't..
I stayed there till I was 18 and then even the authorities decided to kick me out of the orphanage.With no roof over my head, no one was waiting with warm food on a table for me..

I went from street to street, spent the little savings I had on food and a coat to fight off the freezing cold. Though I didn't know why I fought so hard to live, to stay alive with a dead heart, with nothing to really live for, but I still kept fighting..That's when I found Tyler.

He offered to buy me a hot meal and maybe receiving affection from a total stranger after so long made me fall for him immediately..only if I could turn back time I'd run from him...so far out of his reach..only if I could go back I would not beg my father to let me drive that car to their deaths..

Tyler offered me a sense of security, or so I thought. He got me a job in a restaurant and allowed me to live in his house with very little rent. I was happy, things were finally looking up and my feelings for Tyler only grew stronger.
A few months went by and it was Tyler's birthday, the day he'd officially asked me out to be his girlfriend. I remember I believed myself to be the luckiest person, I was on cloud 9 when he kissed me for the first time.