Chapter 4: A Prince

Y/n drags me into his room before struggling to catch his raspy breath for a moment. I cross my arms while leaning against the door waiting to see if he'll explain himself. But instead, he shakes his head and goes over to his desk.

"I-I have a little work I have to get done in here, you can read something or go back to sleep if you want to, it shouldn't take me too long to do this." He says as he pulls out a notebook of some kind and starts working in it. I sigh and go over to the books, maybe they'll have something interesting.

"The Wolf, Animal Biology, War, Meteorology, Beyond The Skies, Bird Types, Plant Types, Poisons, Medicon, The Holy War, The Goddess Race, The Demon Race, Human Race, Giant, Fairy..." I mutter the titles as I glance around them. "...this kid is very curious..." I wonder how true the facts are in this book. I grab the book that's supposedly about the fairy race. I look at the context. The Fairy King, Fairy Abilities, Appearance, Extra Infromation...

The Fairy King is the ruler of the Fairy King's Forest and leader to all who lives in it. He is given a spear from the sacred tree. The First Fairy King was named Gloxinia, he ruled during the first half of the holy war. The second Fairy King was named Dahlia, he took the fairy's out of the holy war and died several years later. The third Fairy King is named Harlequin, he has a peace treaty with human's, not much else is known.

They really don't know much about us, do they? Fairy King... I wonder who the next King will be... Not that I fully care. Harlequin never even got to reach full maturity before... I shake my head trying to get that image of him falling out of it. I take a deep breath before putting the book back and subconsciously grabbing a different one. I sit down and read it for a while waiting for this brat to finish 'working'.

Suddenly he bangs his head onto the desk startling me. I instantly closed the book and looked over to him. His breathing is heavy, but it seems more from frustration than having trouble. I get up and walk over to him.

"What's up with you?"

"I can't figure it out." He talks quickly and barely audible, a lot different from how he spoke earlier, this time he even has the same accent as Noah does.

"Figure what out?" I ask, he turns his head to look at me, his brows are furrowed and he's pouting, he sits up revealing the strange setup he has on his desk.

"This."

"War plans?"

"My brother believes I'll either be king one day or a strategy planner, so he goes and finds war plans from winning sides of different wars. It doesn't show me or give me the answer on how they won, I'm supposed to figure it out and come up with a plan, but every way I look at this one, this side should've lost!" He slams his hands onto the table out of frustration.

"So, this side won despite all odds being stacked against them?" I ask, Y/n nods his head.

"They didn't have the firepower, they didn't have any good coverage points, there people were starving to death, and the day of the deciding fight there was a very bad storm that should've drowned them all!" He shakes his head. "Their kingdom was in the bottom of a valley, a storm that bad should've drowned the entire village! And yet they suffered no civilian casualties! They shouldn't have even been able to evacuate everyone!"

"They used the storm to their advantage."

"How!?"

"People with old injuries, their pain normally increases when a storm is approaching. If they got multiple complaints, they may have figured it out and evacuated people early enough to avoid the weather. Meanwhile the soldiers and anyone able to fight stayed knowing that their enemy would use this weather to their advantage and wipe them out for good. Their enemy's being blind to this idea the good guys were able to set a full ambush, using the storm as cover, either raiding them quickly or taking them out one by one slowly." I say crossing my arms. Once I finish, I look at his shocked expression.

"Wha..." He looks back to the page.

"In a war where you know you are losing you have to use your disadvantages as your advantage." I watch as he starts writing.

"That would work, where did you learn this?" His voice goes back to the calm tone he normally has.

"I studied humans for a long time, and I've been fighting at a disadvantage for a long time as well."

"I see." He says as he finishes writing and stands up. "Well, that's all I have to do here, I need to go turn this into my brother and then how about I show you around the castle?" I nod. "Okay! Let us get going."  

"This is the library, there's all kinds of books in there..." He doesn't seem to know how he's supposed to be talking right now.

"You called this a castle, and the servants called you a young lord. This is a kingdom?" I ask.

"Yes, a very small one. My parents actually built it! Uhm... It isn't very impressive right now but I'm sure one day Camelot is going to be the biggest kingdom in all of Britannia!" He doesn't sound very sure of himself.

"I suppose anything is possible. Do you have any villages yet?"

"N-no, not a full one yet but we've been working on that!" He tries to convince me but I just sigh. "Is... Is it really that bad...?" He mumbles.

"A kingdom in its second generation and it doesn't even have a village yet. Do you even have an army?" I ask, he lowers his head.

"N-no..." He mutters. I sigh and keep walking. "Mh? Ermm." He catches up to me as he's playing with his hands. There's a long silence as we walk for a while until he asks me something. "What's the Fairy King's Forest like?"

"It's beautiful." I quickly answer.

"Are humans allowed in it?"

"No."

"Oh, I see..."

"Why do you ask?" I look over to him.

"I want to go see it one day, but if I'll just make all the fairy's upset then I won't." He's staring at the ground as he walks.

"Hm..." I look away from him. "Most humans ignore that rule, the Fairy King would normally force them out of the forest, however he's dead now, so I don't know what's going on over there, for all I know humans have already raided it and destroyed everything like they do."

"I see... It makes since why they aren't allowed then..."

We walk around for a while longer before it's dinner time. When did we even eat lunch?