Chapter 2- PLEASE HELP ME, LORD!

Start from the beginning

"I can't believe we're in separate rooms!" Crystal cried. Of we three girls, Crystal was in a separate room. I think it had to do with the fact that she majored in the sciences. Because most of my dorm members majored in humanities. So much for us "blending together" as Mr Grant said. Anyway, I wasn't complaining. I wasn't interested in sharing the same dorm with the female bullies.

"Don't worry, we'll barely stay indoors-"

"It doesn't mean!" Crystal cut into my consolation speech. "Promise me you guys would FaceTime me everytime!"

We did promise, only that as we got to our various dormitories, we were asked to submit our phones.

"What?" I screamed in disbelief. "You're kidding, right?" Grace chuckled. I was grateful she was chosen by the school as one of the staff coordinators of the boot camp but here she was, collecting our phones.

"It's the rule, Sam. Don't worry you'll be fine." She grinned.

"No, I won't!" I cried as I put my phone into the box.

"I agree." Cecilia mumbled, copying me. "I can't believe this."

As if it wasn't enough, just as I turned, I noticed Natalie and Alex behind us.

"What? Aren't you guys supposed to be at the other side?" I found myself asking. Natalie lifted an eyebrow.

"Is she talking to us, Alex?" Alex glared at me. I had wanted to keep mute but as I noticed Cecilia go pale, I felt my cool get lost.

"Yes, I am talking to you." I gritted my teeth. Cecilia tried to hold my hand but I pried it off. "I don't care how you got to change your dorms but do not cause any nuisance here. I've had enough of your entire crew for a semester. You may want to hold off any more trouble."

"Wait what?" Natalie gave an emotionless chuckle before taking a step towards me. "I used to ignore you for some reason but right now, you just brought the spotlight to yourself. Get ready for war and do watch your back, sweetheart." She smiled evilly. I snorted and I noticed she raised her hand to probably hit me before Grace's voice cut in.

"Girls, girls, calm down. No need for this, really." She said. Natalie glanced at Grace then calmed down. From what I saw, it looked like she had a sort of respect for Grace. Who wouldn't though?

"I mean what I said." Natalie said brushing past me with Alex.

"Sam-"

"I also mean what I said. It's enough Cecilia!" I snapped, cutting her. I glared at the two bullies before turning away on my heels.

***

"At least the food we'd be eating consists of healthy food." Crystal said as she popped a grape fruit into her mouth.

"Yeah." I concurred nodding. Based on the list of food and menu, the school did a pretty good job in making sure we were well fed.

We had just finished the welcome address and orientation and we were currently seated at the cafeteria for dinner. Surprisingly, the orientation was quite interesting and I was a bit hopeful that I would get to learn a lot throughout this week.

"I don't think I like that fries aren't included." Cecilia said.

"I don't mind." Lucas and Crystal said together making us burst into laughter.

I looked ahead only to meet Caleb's eyes. He had been glancing at me for a while now. If only our phones were allowed, I would have sent him a number of question marks as texts. I made a mental note to corner him and demand answers if I got the chance.

My opportunity came when Caleb suddenly stood up and headed out of the cafeteria. I noticed all the members of the table, including Natalie stared after him. Soon after, Ryan stood up too. But I didn't really care. I wasn't even thinking so I excused myself from my friends. They were oblivious to my intention so they didn't ask questions.