Alice [12]

"He stood up!"

The whole family was stood around a now sitting Rainn, with Carlisle and Jasper retelling them what had happened moments ago. Them both still astounded with Rainn's brand new accomplishment.
Rainn was back on his bum on the floor, not really paying much attention to his family and more so paying attention to one of his shape learning toys.

As the rest of the family, including Emmett, Esme, and Alice, returned from their hunt, their excitement at the news filled the air, reaching the downstairs rooms where Edward and Rosalie were.
The sound of their excitement and chatter at the news filled the house. Edward's keen hearing allowed him to catch snippets of their conversation, snippets that made him smile in spite of himself and quickly zoom upstairs to join the lot . Esme's warm and loving voice, filled with pride for her family and the new achievement of her grandson, resonated deeply within him allowing for his smile to become warmer with pride for his sons achievement. Alice's contagious enthusiasm for life, her bright and infectious energy, was impossible to ignore, even from a distance. Her squealing being a very obvious giveaway that something big had happened. And of course, there was Emmett, always the joker, his booming laughter echoing through the halls. Rosalie found herself inexplicably drawn towards the joyful commotion upstairs. Curiosity got the better of her, as it often did, and she couldn't resist joining in on the excitement, her becoming even more excited at the news.

"Rainn" the baby quickly looked up when he heard his name being called, Rosalie had crouched inform of him allowing her to be at his level, wanting to see if she could coach Rainn into standing up for her to see, "can you stand for us again, like the good boy you are" however despite Rosalie's pleas ,Rainn had just turned back to putting the shapes in their designated slots ignoring her. It would seem he was having fun finding the slots for the pieces and all of the bright colours the pieces were. This obviously being seen in his giggles when he was able to fill one of the slots. Rainn was made sure to be engaging with toys that were age appropriate and would help his brain advance, this all being on behalf of Rosalie and Esme. New toys were quick to be introduced to Rainn until he eventually got bored of them, then for those toys to be donated to charity shops with minimal wear to them.
This pretty new toy of Rainn's quickly becoming a favourite, him especially when he was able to hear the chink of the shape dropping. This resulting a hearty chuckle from Rainn, which the others found extremely funny especially how deep and menacing his chuckle sounded.

This all coming to a halt when a rather large male decided to interrupt the boys solo playtime,
"Rainn little buddy did you forget about our little deal?" Emmet asked coming over and crouching down next to his wife Emmet pulling a very fake frown on his face, Rainn turned back at around and now had seemingly pushed away his toys much preferring his uncle Emmet over them. Rainn sitting with his chubby legs open with his hands resting between them. His mouth open slightly in awe hearing his uncle emmets voice, yet his small mind conflicted at the face his uncle was pulling.

"I thought we agreed that you'd stand up with me whilst we were practicing" Emmet babied to the baby still exaggerating his facial expressions. Rainn reacting to this by also pulling his face imitating his uncle, one of Emmets favourite thing to do with his nephew. The others finding Rainns behaviour amusing, his faces being extremely cute  especially with how his pulled down face is highlighting how chubby his cheeks are.
"Practicing?" Esme asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Yes, we don't just cuddle all the time" Emmet said returning his face to his usual grin turning to his family. Yes they did love to cuddle together, but it is quite common knowledge that any usual baby would get bored very quickly so this led to Emmet getting adventurous and deciding to teach him a few things.

"So you've been starting him getting used to holding his weight?" Carlisle asked confirming what he is thinking that Emmet is meaning. Also wanting to know so that the others could also start to also promote Rainn's advancing body with helping him standing then leading into taking steps.