Voices [3]

"Edward?" Esme whispered sticking her head around the door back into Carlisle's office looking for her son and grandson. However she was met with an empty room.

Closing the door she turns to her husband shaking her head.
"Maybe they're in his room?" And his suggestion did open their ears to quite classical music coming from the direction oh his room.
"Well let's go find them"Carlisle said smiling warmly at his wife who was eager to see her little grandson.
.
.
.
.
Edward had baby Rainn in his arms whilst he was sat on a chair in his room. Rainn had been cleaned up and re wrapped in the blanket all whilst still being peacefully asleep.
Edward had Rainn in his arms cuddling the boy just relaxing to the tiny heartbeat.

Edward had Rainn's coin sized hand in his much larger one just staring at the size difference, smiling at the cuteness of his new son.

"I'm so gunna be his favourite" Emmet commented peering straight at Rainn. Emmet had brought himself in after spotting the two walking out of Carlisle's office, leading him to follow the two.

"He hasn't even seen you yet" Edward bluntly responded not even looking up to his brother.

"Even so, I know he'll love his uncle Emmet"

"Boys?" Esme asked walking into the room, a plastic bag in hand.

"Yeah"

"Ah here you are and emmet"

"Now you're acting as if I'm no longer important" emmet said pouting, although understanding that Esme may be putting the newborn baby in front of him.

"You're all important to me, but I need to make sure my grandson is okay" Esme said walking towards baby Rainn, "and I've been out getting you some things" she babied to the baby. And just on time did Rainn's eyes open once again ,this time it clearly being a lot easier for the boy to do.
But as he woke up hunger dawned on him, the baby's instant reaction was to cry.

"what's wrong with him?"Emmet asked, his eyes as large as plates absolutely flummoxed on what to do and why Rainn was crying not to mention how loud his cry was.

"He's probably just hungry, he hasn't had chance to eat yet Emmet" Esme said still smiling softly dismissing her frantic son ,as he still is freaking out.

"Did you get anything for him to eat?" Edward asked slightly bouncing the boy around softly trying to calm him down, at least knowing what could be wrong with him.
"Yes Carlisle is warming some formula up" Esme said now stroking rains extremely thin hair.
As Edward was trying to calm Rainn down Carlisle sped into the room. Rainn's crying was muffled by the oxygen mask but he was clearly needing something.

Aiding his son and grandson Carlisle handed Edward the bottle and carefully removed the mask from Rainn's mouth, this in turn making Rainn's cry's become louder without the obstruction.
Esme helped Edward position Rainn in his arms so that it would be easier to drink. As the bottle was closer to Rainn's mouth the baby didn't understand so that made him cry more.

Deciding that Rainn didn't understand Edward pushed the tip of the bottle into his mouth instantly silencing the baby.
Going along with what was happening Rainn started drinking the warm milk soothing his sore throat from crying. All of the four vampires sighed in relief at Rainns silence.

Whilst Rainn was drinking the milk he started to move his stubby arms slightly and tried to move his legs, however unsuccessfully as his legs where still wrapped in the blanket.

"Looks like he's getting more energetic" Carlisle commented looking at his grandsons curiosity.

"We bought a set of onesies for him to sleep in so he'll be able to move his cute little arms and legs, won't you baby Rainn" hearing Esmes soft voice Rainn pushed his hand out to the blob he thought it had come from liking the funny sound.

"He seems to love our voices" Edward said trying to figure out what Rainn was thinking about. As Rainn was drinking his milk and trying to touch Esme a certain couple entered the room.

"He's not going to eat you jasper and you're not going to harm him" jasper was completely against going near the young child in fear that 'he's' going to harm the baby.

Rainn had Esmes hand in clutch as she was smiling and giggling slightly. He was able to drink quite flawlessly calming some nerves that where suffocating in the room, his battle was going quite quickly and Rainn was quite enjoying the warm milk.
Alice dragged Jasper to the lot in the room huddling around that baby.

"See as cute as a button" Alice explained pushing jasper in front of her, in sight of the baby. Rainn was not paying any attention to the newcomers at all, he was paying too much attention to the blob who was making funny noises too him (Esme).

"You have to introduce yourself to him you know" Alice pushed wanting her husband to be comfortable with the new family member.

"Hello littlen" jasper spoke his accent dripping with each spoken word. Rainns attention was caught.

Rainn stopped drinking his milk and his mouth was wide just looking to the new blob. Everyone was shocked at his reaction and didn't know what to do. Jasper especially was nervous if he was still human sweat would be dripping down his forehead.

Rainn slowly pulled his arms away from Esme scrunching them back into himself. This making everyone think he's about to start crying again and where preparing for the noise, but that didn't happen.
Rainn pushed his arms out but this time towards the new blob. Edward had pulled the bottle away from Rainns mouth deciding that he'd try feeding him more in a bit.

"I'm in your uncle Jasper" and after moments of silence Rainn started squealing loudly, a huge grin coating his face. He was pushing his arms out loving Jaspers voice.

"Guess I'm not the favourite anymore" Esme said giggling at her grandsons adorableness.
"You can touch him you know"Edward said to Jasper seeing Rainn so exited to see him.
Being nudged forward Jasper hesitantly reached out to accept Rainns hands causing another slight baby squeal to come out.

Everyone in the room smiled at the curious excitable little baby just happy that he was ok and within the family.

2nd December 2022
1096words
Please vote and I hope you enjoyed x
Also sorry if there are any errors