I went back inside the house, and put the letter on the table. Almost as soon as I stepped in the house, I heard my mum entering. I looked to the door scared of what state my mum might be in. She stumbled in the door and fell to the floor. I ran to her and started to help her up.

„Mum... what happened?” I asked her. She had bruises on her and and her face was red and blue. I could see she was beaten.

„I need money...” she forced herself to spit out.

„Mum...? What happened? Who did this to you?” I asked scared.

„I just had a few drinks... Didn’t think it’s cost that much...” she said, at least I thought that was what she said, but I barely heard it.

I supposed she had a few too many drinks and couldn’t pay for it and soemone hit her for not paying.

„I need money... he’ll call the police if I don’t have money...” she whispered.

I thought quickly for money. Where? Where?! We didn’t have any money at the moment, I didn’t get payed for this month yet. Maybe I could borrow from someone...

„I can’t give you any money right now, mum... I’m sure he’ll wait a few weeks...” I stammered.

„He beat me...” she said.

„Oh, my god, mum...” I whispered scared, trieing to help her. She stood up, but almost fell again. I helped her to the table.

***

I walked in the school hall, still thinking about my mum. I had to leave her at home alone. I just hoped she won’t do something stupid, like steal money. I was a bit angry at her too. Whay did she have to drink again?! None of this would’ve happened if she doesn’t drink. Maybe Emma was right about telling the police, they could help my mum out... No, they would probably take her to jail. I wouldn’t want that, she was my mum, I loved her.

I looked aside, and suddenly saw Amanda and Jake shouting at each other.

„You bitch!” Jake shouted and slapped Amanda on the face hard.

Amanda touched her face and cried out. She ran away to the girls’ toilet.

I looked at her shocked. Everyone was laughing at her, a few girls probably happy too that Jake was free now. Poor Amanda. They’re doing the same thing they did to me now...

I went in to the girls’ toilet and slowly looked around.

„Amanda?” I called. There was no answer, but I heard someone sob a little.” Amanda, I know you’re in here...” I said.

There was no one else in the toilet, so I could talk freely to her. I opened  a toilet door, and there she was crying, her make up flowing over her face.