CHAPTER 39: THE BAD BOY AND THE KNIFE

Start from the beginning

Tom said, "I'm not planning on it."  I said, "Then why this?"  I reached down to his leg, and put it on his knife, and got it out of it's pocket he had it in.

He said, "easy there sweetheart, give me that, I don't want you to cut yourself"  He quickly took it out of my hand and put it back in it's place on his leg.

I said, "Tommy. I didn't even think you were going in as McQuaid's. I thought you were just playing brother's and you were the nerd one and Doug the jock"

Tom looked serious. He said, "you think I'm a nerd."  

I said, "no I don't. I thought."  

He was so close to me, I could feel his hot breath on me. Making me almost pass out. Leaving me flustered. And blushing. I'm sure I'm as red as a tomato.

He leaned in closer to my ear touching it, with his lips, and he said, "you just said I was the nerd brother."  

I was flustered.  I said, "no I mean yes I said that, but I thought that was your cover, not that I thought you were one, I'm sorry I guess I was wrong. I thought you were the Bauer's, but I guess McQuaids"

Tom laughed. He said, "no you were right. Bauer and I'm playing the nerd brother, into books, Doug the dumb jock"

I said, "is there trouble then? Are you being picked on because you are the smart one? Or did Doug get guys mad at him and then they are going to take it out on you"

Tom said, "relax baby. You got it all wrong. Just sit down and I"ll explain"

I did.  He sat across from me.  He said, "I'm not wearing this to school. I have my  clothes for my school in my bag. I am going to change into them at the station."

I stared at him.  Maybe I'm the stupid one. I guess I am. I'm not getting it.

Tom laughed.  He said, "I'll explain. I'm wearing these clothes, and this knife, because I'm escorting you personally to class, and I'm going to make sure that you  let me know which girl tripped you."  I stared at him in shock.

I said, "what"

Tom said, "I'm taking you to school.  I'm walking you to your locker. I'm escorting you to your class. You said that you had that bitch first period right."  I nodded.

Tom said, "Good, then you or Judy will introduce me to the girl who tripped you."

I stared at him. I said, "Tom you can't." 

 Tom said, "Sydney this isn't up for discussion. You better start eating, so that we aren't late. Since we don't have a meeting with Adam this morning, we need to go straight to your school, then I'll have to change at the station then go to my school, so we need to leave early."

I said, "But Tom you don't need to do this. I mean for one, no one is going to bother us now. I'm sure of it. And besides this is an all girls school."  

Tom said, "I know that, but I don't care. I'm walking you to your class. I'm going to make sure everyone knows to leave you alone. Now call Judy and tell her change in plans, she will need to meet us there, since I'm driving you."

I said, "But Tom"  He said, "no discussion Syd"  I said, 'fine, you are so stubborn Hanson"  He laughed. He said, "you're cute when your mad and huffy" I looked at him. He smirked. I called Judy.

I said, "hey Jude, change in plans. My stubborn roommate here is insisting he do his bad boy routine and drive me to school"  She is laughing.  I said, "Judy."  She said, 'Sorry, so his bad boy routine"  I said, "yes, I'm taking a picture of him, and text it to you, because I can't even describe it. he even has a knife."  She laughed.  She said, "A knife huh. He sure wants to protect you"  I said, "he insists on walking me to class, and he wants introduced to the girl who tripped me."  She is laughing so hard.  I'm trying not to laugh, but Tom's smirking, and she is laughing. I turn my back to Tom to laugh.