𝟣.𝟢𝟤: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹

Start from the beginning

 "Pipsqueak's gone!" I shouted, and the animals behind us gasped. "Everyone don't panic!" The Lorax reassured the critters. "I'm sure we can find him in no time!" The Lorax was trying to act optimistically, but you could tell he was very worried. "We?" I stand up "No, it's my fault he is lost and I don't want any of you getting hurt." I went to the exit of my apartment and grabbed the door handle "You're thinking irrationally!" The Lorax sighed "If we work as a team we'll find that goofball in no time! The more the merrier, eh?" I looked at him and then back at the door. I sighed and ran. "Hey!" The Lorax shouted

 I ran back to the street. "Pipsqueak!" I shouted, "Where are you, boy?" The people looked at me weirdly, but I did not mind. "Pipsqueak!?" I shouted once more. I came back to the berry I tripped on. "Berries! His favorite. Maybe I'll get a clue where he is!" I thought to myself.

 "Pip!" I found him eating a berry on the outside walls of Thneedville, the deforested forest. I looked at the busy street. I continuously tapped on the pedestrian call button. I grew impatient and looked for another way. As I was looking I found the Lorax on the other side. "Hey! What are you doing here?!" I shouted with anger and worry. "Helping you find Pipsqueak!" The Lorax was about to cross the road when a car almost hit him. I gasped, "Look, I found Pipsqueak. He's on your side" I pointed at the Truffula forest "I'll try to find a way to get you two" The Lorax nodded and we went our separate ways.

 I ran around the city and found a particular alleyway. It seems to be a shortcut. I ran to the alleyway while mapping the place. I found a hallway that led to the other side, though it was filled with caution tape. I removed the tape and went inside.

 The place was filled with moss and dirty water. It smells like a sewer. I looked around, the abandoned building was filled with old rusty machines. There was also a poster that looked like the poster I picked up earlier. I covered my mouth and pursued to find the exit. "I should've brought a flashlight," I sighed.

 Finally, after minutes of searching, I found the exit. I was on the other side, where I needed to be. I looked at the building, filled with graffiti. Then I ran, trying to find both the Lorax and Pipsqueak. I ran to Thneedville's exit, but it was blocked by a train, filled with Truffula leaves. I looked at my side and it was the Lorax. "God damn train! I almost got Pipsqueak too" The Lorax sighed. "I have an idea" The Lorax looked surprised to see me here but moved on. "Yeah, what is it?"

 "I have to throw you to the other side" "Wait, wha-?!" He didn't manage to finish his sentence as I threw him at the train

˚┊❛ Third Person POV❜┊˚

 The Lorax fell at the fluffy Truffula tuffs. She shouted "Go! Get Pipsqueak!" The Lorax nodded and fell to the other side. "Ow..." He groaned. Pipsqueak was eating a berry. "Pipsqueak! We came to save you!" He shouted, Pipsqueak tilted his head. The Lorax sighed and ran to Pipsqueak. "There ya are, lil guy." They both hadn't noticed, but there was a big chopping machine behind them. The Lorax looked behind the big shadow and...

 Kris came in clutch and pushed all of them to the side, saving the two from their impending doom. "Oh my Lord! I'm so sorry" She brought them both into a tight hug. The Lorax gasped in surprise, while Pipsqueak hugged her back. After a while, she finally let go. "C'mon, let's go back..." She looked around the deforested woodland, devoid of life. She looked at the machines. Then finally, she looked at them. "So that's why you guys needed somewhere else to stay..." She said with remorse.

  "How could anyone do this? How could anyone let this slip up?" She couldn't understand. Isn't progress, progress? People loved the Thneeds as she could see, but it seems that the product is hurting the critters living in peace. She looked at the train, bringing the Truffula trees into a factory. Then the factory produced more Thneeds. "So that's why you hated the Thneed." The Lorax nodded.

  "You could stay in my apartment as long as you like." She chuckled nervously. "Wait really?" The Lorax sounds profound. "Hear that Pipsqueak! We got a temporary home with good conditioning!" "That's a bit hypocritical for a furry meatball who speaks trees." She chuckled at the irony. "Hey, if you live in a hot city. It's either you die by heat stroke or use what you have to keep yourself cool." The Lorax defended.

 She sighed as well. She stretched her back. "C'mon, let's go. Before the cops arrest me for trespassing" She carried Pipsqueak on her shoulder, while the Lorax followed next to her.

 She thought to herself, "Maybe progress can't always be good progress."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘