"We are sorry to inform you of the loss of your wife. She perished in a drunk driving accident. The drunk driver was also killed."

Schlatt hung up and dropped his phone. He was in shock that she died. How would he raise this child on his own! He didn't know how to parent! The kid was just starting potty training for fucks sake!

"I-is mama gone?"

"Yes Toby. Now go get ready for bed."

"But I hungry! Dinner!"

Schlatt got frustrated, "Let me order pizza then! Get your pajamas on."

"Bath?"

"No!"

Toby cried to his room as he struggled to get his pajamas on. When he was done the pizza was already there. He had a slice and went to bed, knowing his dad wouldn't sing him a bedtime story.

Toby got his horns a few days later and after he got potty trained, Schlatt went back to tinker in his office, away from Toby. Toby grew up watching his father tinker. 

"Of course I have the 25 bank heists set up for all at one time!" Toby grabbed his pantleg, "Not now Toby! Oh- sorry that was nobody." Toby frowned as he went to his dad's office. He looked at the blueprints and saw something off.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Schlatt grumbled as he put the call on hold.

"What."

"This part is broken. 7 things won't work because you made the connector wrong!" Toby pointed out.

Schlatt was stunned that he forgot that key component. He talked to the number again, "Hey I will need another day. I found something faulty. Bye."

Schlatt was getting concerned though and more annoyed. He didn't want the kid. Not to mention he was 5 and only had around 3 more years for powers. Schlatt didn't want a powerless kid. If he wanted a powerless villain sidekick, he would have made Toby cause chaos already. 5 turned to 8 (8.5) as Toby still was powerless. Schlatt decided that he had to make a decision. Mainly because he didn't want a kid with no powers.  

"Toby come on. We are going for a ride."

Toby was confused, mainly because his father didn't want anything to do with him. He followed Schlatt, hoping that they would spend some bonding... even if it was illegal. Toby got in the car and buckled himself in. His father drove, making small talk with the boy and passing stop signs.

They finally arrived at Happy Home Foster System. Toby was shocked.

"D-dad... what's going on."

Schlatt opened the door and unbuckled Toby, "Listen kid. I never wanted you. You are a powerless fuckface that I wanted to be aborted. I am just doing us both a favor and sending you to this place! That way you can find a better home and I don't have to deal with your ass."

"I don't want other families! I want you!" Toby cried.

Schlatt grabbed his son's hand and glared at the kid, "No you don't. You think you do because I am fucking awesome. Let's be real here. I barely give a shit about you. So let's go." He pulled Toby inside the building as Toby made bleats of protest.

"Please dad!"

"Shut up!" He looked at the desk lady, "Hey hot stuff I am Schlatt. The evil mastermind. I am here to drop off this kid."

"S-Schlatt! I am calling the police!" The lady with an obnoxious voice scream.

Toby's eyes widened as his father pulled out a gun, "Okay bitch. I am giving you this child. This child will not have any relation to me do you hear? I can fucking kill you and everybody else in this place if you hurt this kid. Now take him. Understand?"