10: I am not your normal gate

Start from the beginning

Whichever way it was, the Rulers didn't want to let him know.

[Something is barricading the communication]

[Something is barricading your communication]

Whatever their origins were, he had to leave them to die. There was no pity or remorse within him. All of them were waste if they were trapped by the armies of light to begin with.

...

"Hm?"

The cave on the other side trembled, its lightning cracking over the exterior as Ju-Hee felt a wave of mana pass over her like a gentle breeze in the midsummer.

"It seems he has finished, Miss Ju-Hee."

The girl nodded back at Woo Jin-Chul's words, both of them looking at the gate to stabilize itself for about one hour in order to disappear completely. The floor filled with the remains of other monsters as the rest of the association cleaned the whole place up.

An S rank's power was not to be doubted, Woo Jin-Chul knew that very well. He also knew that because they were such powerful beings is why the association had to protect them at all costs. It's why the president had asked him to deal with the gates with nine more people or else he would face potential dangers out there. They also spent a lot of money to get them to their side, to have more power and control the five major guild's that tended to fight at the heart of South Korea.

The tenth S rank had other plans instead.

Before Jin-Chul had even gotten to the scene of the dungeon break, Kang-Dae had killed the first magic beasts that decided to step outside of the gate. Most of the civilians that were near, watched in awe over the speed that he took to kill them. Those who had better reflexes than anyone would have taken out their phones to record, unfortunately none of them were fast enough to catch even the slightest of attacks done by him.

The hunter, despite his relaxed appearance telling the public otherwise, was quick in getting inside the dungeon to clean up the mess that lay inside. This happened ten times in a row, half of them appearing in other cities far away that even the association hadn't picked the mana signature until Kang-Dae came back with the crystals. It seemed like Woo Jin-Chul was just one step behind, from controlling that healer, every time.

By the seventh, the Chairman had already deemed him strong enough to guarantee his safety in solo-ing minor B rank dungeons. So he let the man do as he pleased as long as the association was informed of those battles and where they took place.

"But should we really let an S rank run around with that much freedom?"

"Do you suggest a better plan to deal with these dungeon breaks? The major guild's don't want to deal with this, the association is working from left to right in order to protect other things. Look at this, aren't you glad that at least the number of casualties has decreased when he took on this job? It might be weird for sure, but it's better for us if there is someone to pick up the trash that others didn't."

...

[Gold earned: 3,000]

[Current stack: 240,347]

The player smiled as he finally got out of the gate with the rest of the crystals that had been embedded inside the Lizardmen. The gate closed right behind him as he stepped out of it. His hand had one of the essence stones swinging around as if it was a prop toy before placing it inside the inventory among the rest of the crystals.

"Is this the last gate?"

Woo Jin-Chul politely nodded to the hunter. "So far there were no other indications of Dungeon breaks around Seoul." He opened up a tablet to show him the current emissions of mana around South Korea. Kang-Dae frowned as he looked at the tablet in confusion. He still hadn't understood the technology of this world despite the month coming to a close. Ju-Hee only taught him how to use normal everyday things like Bibxy and his new cell phone gifted by the association before getting curious as to why he didn't know those things in the first place.