Part 13.

Charles' Pov:

I don't understand why Max cares about me when he just won a race. We're not even friends at all. When I get to the parking lot, I get into Max's car with these thoughts as well. The road is quiet, he doesn't ask why I don't speak, more precisely all the way to his house.

-Okay, what's up? You don't feel well? - he asks worriedly, raising even more questions in my head. - Or did I do something?

-Max... I don't know how to relate to the two of us. I really don't understand what we are now, friends or rivals?-Max just sighs.

-I don't hate you,-he tries to clarify before continuing, -but I don't know what we are. When you had an accident, I was more worried about you than I usually am about others, and it scares me a little.

There was a big silence at this. I was afraid to speak, not because of Max, but rather because I would regret what I said later. Then I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and gathered the strength to speak.

-Idon't think I am into girls-I said quickly, keeping my eyes closed. I could almost feel Max staring at me.

- There is nothing wrong with that, I am convinced that I am bisexual. Just because we are F1 drivers, doesn't mean we can't love who we want.

- What a stupid thing to be ashamed of being gay. - I laughed to myself awkwardly.

- Then how to proceed? - asked Max.

-I'm afraid I'm in love with you.-I said the words I never thought I'd say to anyone.

Most of my relationships so far were superficial, I always needed a girlfriend so that I wouldn't raise suspicions about anything.

After all, I didn't want to fall in love, I was afraid that if they left me, my heart would break, I wouldn't be able to get up from the floor again. But if anyone knows this, it's Max, we've been talking a lot lately, about all kinds of things. About the past, about our relationships, about each other, how bad I was in 2015, 2017 and 2019 and even about the relationship between Max and Jos. We have built a trust that not everyone has.

-I think so, he said quietly, looking straight into my eyes.-Charles, would you be my friend?-he asked a little scared.
I don't think I've ever been so happy and scared at the same time.

-Max, you can't even imagine how happy I would be for him.- I said, and didn't care about who might sees us I kissed Max Verstappen, in his fucking car.

———————
omg I'm so happy I could post this part. Yesterday I saw a video of Max and Charles and I think that increased my motivation to write, anyways what do you think about this chapter.

Also happy to say that there will be the next part on Tuesday.

-M-