Part 11 (2/2)

Charles glanced at his stomach area, then he too was horrified.

-I don't know...-came the seemingly simple answer from the Ferrari driver.

-Tell me what happened!-shouted Max, already losing his temper. It pained him that now he knew for sure that Charles had lied to him or he had rather not told the whole truth.

Charles just looked at the floor and mumbled something.

-Please tell me!

- I was fighting. But the other guy was dragged away, and I left the bar.

- And this could not have been said sooner? - Max was in disbelief as he processed Charles' words. The Ferrari driver did not answer the question, after a few minutes of silence, Max spoke.

-You didn't hit him back.-Charles looked at him questioningly.-If you had hit him, your hand wouldn't look like this.

- I couldn't have driven it if they saw it. - Max just nodded at that.

- I'll give you some cream that you can apply.- and with that Max disappeared into the bathroom. Before long, however, he went to Charles with a tube of cream and waited for the Ferrari driver to apply the ugly bruise.

They didn't speak that night, they just closed their eyes silently and fell asleep.

When Max woke up in the morning, Charles had already disappeared. He didn't think anything bad, because they would see each other almost all day. Friday is the day of free training and interviews.

Max was wrong. He hardly saw Charles as the Monaco man spent the whole day in the garage consulting with his engineers. So Max only saw Charles for a moment before the start of free practice. He looked fine, it didn't show what he had been through the night before. He was smiling and laughing as always. You are probably used to having to do this...

Friday went very smoothly for Max. A 1st and a 2nd place. However, despite the success, Charles's condition did not let Max rest.

Max: Are you better?                                     19:03

Charles: Yes, thanks for last night!             19:24

Max: Anytime.                                                 19:26

Max calmed down somewhat. What could go wrong? Tomorrow there will only be a practice session and a qualifying.

Saturday, qualifying session, Q3:

-Guys, something is wrong with my brake...-said Leclerc.

- It seems that Leclerc has to face problems if he wants to start from pole. There is only 1 minute left, now the last attempts are coming. The current order is Verstappen-Leclerc-Perez-Sainz, but they are all very close to each other, the commentator said knowingly.

Charles' point of view:
Last chance. Only now should my brakes work.

In one corner, my brakes don't work, I hit the wheelbarrow, and just like Mick in 2022, I hit the wall. Suddenly everything goes dark...

Max's point of view:
- Max, slow down, red flag.

-I can't believe this, who was that?-I asked as I drove past the wreckage of the Ferrari.

-Leclerc.- I suddenly ran out of breath.

-Is he alright?

-Yes, he just got out.-huh. I'll beat his ass, it can't be that he can't take care of himself.

-Charles, this is second place, but what happened? How are you?

- Well, yes, my brake didn't work well during the entire qualifying, then it didn't work at all in one corner, and after I hit the wheel thrower, there was no going back. I'm fine, only my head and back hurt a little.

- Get better and good luck for tomorrow.

-Max, tomorrow you start from pole. How are you feeling now?

- I'm happy about the pole. Our race pace is good, I hope we will do well tomorrow as well.

-Good luck to you too for tomorrow.

After the photos, Charles and I walked to the padock in silence.

- Can I sleep in your room, I don't feel all too welk?-he asked in a whisper, and my eyes widened and then softened.

-Of course. But I'm driving.

After packing up, we headed to the parking lot. The road was also quiet.

-Are you okay? Not only physically, but also mentally, that is, you understand... -I suffered with the words.

- I'll be fine by tomorrow. My head is just going to explode.

As soon as we got to my room and we both showered, I gave Charles some Aspirin. After that we immediately fell asleep.

Sunday:

Charles was still there in the morning. We had breakfast together and then he went to his own room. He said his head and back don't hurt so much anymore.

We didn't meet before the race, we only saw each other in the driver's paddock, but we didn't talk.

I love the excitement before the lights come on. When the teams have already left the asphalt.

We completed the 1st round, Ver-Lec-Per, without an accident.

Circle 43. I was driving comfortably and then I saw that Checo was ahead of Charles.

I won. Checo was second and Charles third. He needs all the points because of his poor start to the season.

I drove to the first and then went over to congratulate the team.
Then when Checo got out, I congratulated him too. What I found strange was that Charles didn't get out until later. I had to go to the interview by then.

- Max, congratulations on your new victory. You had a great run, didn't you?

- But, our pace was really good, the stops were good, in short, everything came together.

-Okay, thank you Max and I congratulate you on your victory. He looked skinned, redder in the face and pale.

-Charles, another podium. How are you feeling now?

-The car was not easy to drive and the Redbull is still much faster. Checo overtook me easily. But I'm happy that I finished on the podium.

-Congratulations again Charles.

We didn't talk much in the cold room. In practice, we were only waiting to be called to the podium, while we could watch the exciting moments of the competition.

First Charles, then Checo, and finally I was called to the podium. The awards were handed out, and then after the anthems, champagne was served. Let's just say that no one was left dry.

Later, after the interviews:

Max: When do you finish? 18:02

Charles: Now. 18:11

Max: Finally. Parking. 18:12

Charles: Go celebrate! 18:12

Max: No argument, parking lot now. 18:13

I was already waiting in front of my car when I saw Charles.

-You should celebrate-he said instead of greeting.

-How are you?

-I feel like shit-he said honestly.There is no point of being dishonest.

-What hurts?

-Everything. But the worst is my head. But Max, you don't have to stay with me, you won, enjoy it.

- I couldn't have fun if something was wrong with you. Let's go to my room.

-Thanks.

————————————
Thanks for you all who still reading this.

I changed my mind about the ending so I will have to think about a new one. But there will be chapters!!

Who I need...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें