Part 2.

It's 2022.Nov.22.

Max's POV:

I spent the whole morning packing for the trip. They said we would be able to do laundry, so I don't bring so many clothes. The only thing that makes me worry about is who I will have to sleep with. What if they put me with Charles? I couldn't stand it. But seriously, what are the chances of being assigned with him?

When I finished I went shopping because there isn't any food at home. I made myself lunch and ate it.

Then my phone started ringing. A friend of mine who works at a bar wants to meet. He told me to go to the bar, have a drink and then go home.

Later...

It's already 7 o'clock. I went to the bar. I saw my friend, he is the bartender. When he saw me, he smiled.
-Mr. World champion! See you again? - he laughed
-Johny! How are you?
- I'm fine thanks, you?
- Wonderful. Our plane leaves tomorrow to live together with the other drivers.- I sighed.
- I see that you are happy.-he laughed.
- Yeah, best for Leclerc...
- Soon Leclerc, look - he pointed to the left, I looked over and saw someone sitting at the table resting his head on the table. He looks eerily like Charles.
-Is he...?-I can't finish the sentence.
-Yes he is Charles.-he said.
- How long has he been here? - I asked.
-Since 6. He drank a lot. I also see that somebody gave him something blue drink. I couldn't say him to not drink it.- I looked worried.That's when I went over to Charles. He gave no reaction.
- Hey Charles...-I shake him a little, and he whined a little.
-Will you take him home?-Johny asked.
- I don't even know where he lives. I'll take him to my house. I can't leave him here- I said. Johnny nodded.
- Would you help me? - I asked.
-Of course.
With Johny's help, we put Charles' hands on our shoulders and helped him into the car. I went back to the bar and paid for his drinks, he really drank a lot.

When I got into the car, I looked at the driver who was sitting next to me, or rather sleeping. It was like he hadn't slept in a while. I feel bad for him.

When we stopped in front of my apartment, I glanced at him. He was pale. Should I wake him up? I finally decided to try to wake him up. I grabbed his shoulder and started shaking him. He moved at this, but only frowned and muttered.

I got out of the car and went to his side. I opened his door and turned off his belt. I tried to get him out of the car. I put his hand on my shoulder and took him up to my room.

When we got into my room, I laid him down on the sofa. Then I wondered what could be in that blue drink. What if he got drugs? What about tomorrow? Shall I go to the airport with him? Does he go at all? What if not? I have many questions for him. But now he need to rest. I took him to the guest room.

After I went to my bedroom and fell asleep, because I was very tired.

In the morning:

I got up at 6 o'clock. I don't know if he is coming to the airport. Because if he does what about his bags. I decided to wake him up. Or try it.

I knocked on the guest room, and then opened it. He was lying there the same way I laid him down yesterday.

I went next to him and gently shook him as he started to squirm. Then suddenly he opened his eyes and stared at me like he saw a ghost.

- How are you? - I asked.
-Like someone who hit his head against a wall- he said. I laughed at his comment. He carefully sat up. But then he put his hands to his head. And he hissed.
-Are you coming to Spain?-I asked.
-Yes, I wanted to-he said.
- If you want, you can come out with me... we can go get your stuff-I said quietly, so that he could barely hear.
-It would be good. Thanks.
-Would you like some water and painkiller?-I asked.
-Yes.Thank.
As soon as I started towards the door, he also stood up, which made him dizzy and I had to hold him. He looked at me gratefully.

We went out to the kitchen, where I already put out a plate for him and gave him water and painkillers. He didn't eat much, but that must be because he has a hangover.

-Shall I give you clothes or...?-I asked.
-No thanks. But if it's good for you, then we could go to my place because I would even take a shower.-he said.
- Yes, of course, fine.

We go to my car. Before we left, he told me where he lived, so I headed there.
-Listen, I want to thank you for taking me to your house and for allowing me to sleep there and also gave me breakfast.-he said.
- You don't need to say "thank you".But if I may ask, why did you beat yourself up so much? Because how much you drank was really a lot-I asked. I saw that he did not prefer my question.
- Let's leave it, I had a bad day... -he said. I saw that he didn't want to talk about it, so I left it.

When we got there he took out his keys and we went inside.
-Sit down, I hurry as much as I can.-he pointed to the sofa and started towards his bedroom. Then he went into the bathroom with his clothes. I sat down on the couch and waited.

After about 10 minutes he came out with wet and disheveled hair, wearing white shorts, a black long sweater and white socks.

He looked at me and then I suddenly saw that something was wrong with him, he ran back to the bathroom and I stood up scared and went to the bathroom where I saw that he throwing up. When it looked like he was done, he leaned against the wall and sighed. I suddenly stood up and went to the kitchen, looked for a glass, filled it with water and brought it to him.

-Thank you-he said.
- When you get better, we have to go to the airport...
-Okay...uhm...would you give me 2 minutes?-he asked.
-Of course, I'll be in the living room-I said, to which he nodded.
After 2 minutes he really came out. He picked up a baseball cap and sunglasses from the table. He brought out his bag. Then he nodded that we can go.
We got into my car and drove to the airport without a word.

We were the last ones. When the others saw us, their mouths fell open. Well, not because we were the last, because Charles almost always arrives last. On the other hand, the fact that Charles Leclerc and Max Verstappen get out of one car at the same time is considered incredible.

I stepped next to Daniel and Charles next to Pierre. I heard Pierre ask "what was that", which made me smile. Then, not long after, we left to board the plane.