Chapter 64: Meeting The Right Person

Start from the beginning

"Arya, forgive my prideful self for not giving you an enjoyable childhood..." Arianna said as she watched a petal slowly fall onto her toe.

Arya looked at her and waited, yet she did not seem to continue.

Arya's mind started to wander as the scent of the plum blossom wafted all around as well as the pink rain of petals caused by the gust of wind.

Suddenly, Arianna looked at the plum blossom Arya was focusing on and smiled.

"The first time I met your father was under the peach blossom garden in the school... Back then, we..."

She stopped halfway and remained silent for a moment before turning around and heading back into the hallway. Arya then slowly followed behind her too. It made Arya feel sour on the inside when she saw her gaunt figure walking under the breeze mixed with flower petals.

After walking for some time, she suddenly sighed,

"Your father and I must be a failure to you, but if I had a choice again, I would definitely still have married your father and given birth to you whether or not things still end up the same today."

Arya was shocked at her words. Her face turned pale and she tried to think but could not come up with a reply.

The mother-daughter pair just kept quiet as they walked through the corridor. The cold wind kept delivering the fragrance of the flowers to them while some remains of pink petals danced around. Arya's long hair rose up slightly as her clothes fluttered around her. It seemed unreal...

It was already 2 p.m. when they arrived back in the living room.

After an hour of chatting with Robert, Xavier was short on time to leave. He got ready to go when he saw Arya return, and Robert sent them off with a big smile.

Outside the Johnson Residence, the chauffeur Rick had arranged was already waiting outside.

Arya handed the briefcase to him as her voice brushed against his ears.

"Come home earlier after you're done. I'll go back with Grandmother after shopping."

He nodded and ran his fingers through her slightly messy hair before walking towards the car.

Arya watched the car until it disappeared at the end of the road. Just as she was about to get into her car, the phone inside her pocket started ringing.

It was Bella calling. She was urging Arya to go over soon, so Arya gave her a brief reply before hanging up and rushing over.

Bella was sitting on a long bench beside the public square waiting when Arya arrived at the New Era Plaza. What surprised Arya was that David had come over as well.

"Grandfather, Grandmother! Have you guys been waiting for a long time?" Arya called out to the old couple who were chatting to each other as she went over to them.

The old couple stopped talking and looked towards the direction of the voice calling out to them. When they saw Arya's face flushed from rushing over, Bella and David traded glances and laughed.

"Not really. Have you had lunch?"

Arya nodded. "I went back to the Johnson Residence with Xavier. My mother made lunch for us."

"Then, what about Xavier? Where is he?" Bella looked around but Xavier was nowhere to be found.

"He said he needs to be at the council office and he'll head straight back to the Knight Residence at night. Where do you two want to walk around?" Arya handed David his walking cane as she asked.