I'll Be Here

TW: There will be minor talk about sh and an ed. It will explain a lot about nicole's mental health a lot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Jacks Pov*

After sitting against her door for what felt like hours she finally opened it. I looked up at her.

Her eyes were red and puffy and she had a big oversized hoodie on with shorts.

"You're still here"

"Yeah. I heard you crying. I wasn't gonna leave without making sure you were okay."

I got up and started walking into her room and then I saw it. Her white sheets had spots of blood and there was a blade on her end table. I turned around as she closed the door.

"Nicole, show me your wrists."

"No" I could see tears start to appear in her eyes.

"Nicole, please show me your wrists."

She slowly looked up at me before showing me the small cuts all along her wrists.

"Oh my god"

I couldn't move. I was in too much shock to even process anything.

Why would she do something like this?

It wasn't until I heard her sobs and looked down to see her crying on her floor. I immediately took her into a hug and rocked her back and forth.

"I'm so sorry. I tried to stop it. I couldn't. I'm sorry."

"Hey you have nothing to be sorry for." I lifted her chin and tried to get her to stop crying.

Once she was done crying I took her and we sat on her bed. We sat in silence for a while before she spoke up.

"It's been happening a lot recently. You know the urge"

"Do you know why?" I asked her softly.

"Um..."

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to"

"No I do, it just takes me a second" I grabbed her hands hoping it would make her more comfortable.

"A couple years back when I was around 9 or 10 I was being bullied. Really bad. By this stupid kid that I let get the better of me. He would always body shame me which led me to me starving myself and start cutting. When my father found out he tried his all to help me get better. He would be patient with me when we would have dinner and he put me in therapy. Therapy helped but what helped the most was me skating. When I skated I felt free. I asked my father to put me in figure skating lessons cause I wanted to try it. I was in it until I was around 13. One day I was alone at the rink and wanted to try a skill that I haven't learned yet but I saw professionals do it all the time. So I tried it and I tore my ACL and fractured my ankle. It was one of the scariest moment of my life. Even though I was cleared to start skating again I never went back on the ice. Only until a couple weeks ago I got back on the ice again. It was freeing and really nice but I don't know seeing you guys today on the ice having so much fun it just brought back a lot of memories."

Once she was finished she took a breath and I let out one I didn't even know I was holding.

"I don't even know what to say. I am so sorry that happened to you"

"It's okay. It is what it is you know"

"First lets go get you cleaned up and then I want to talk to you about something else"

I carried her to the bathroom before setting her down on the sink and getting out her first aid kit.

"It seems as if the tables have turned," I said to her, making her crack a smile. After cleaning up her arms as best as I can I brought her back to her bed.

"Now, Ik you mentioned you starving yourself. Are you still doing that?"

Once she said it I started putting all of the pieces together. Chris was bullying her and ever since then I haven't seen her eat once.

"Maybe" I sighed.

"I'm sorry. I can't help it. I don't feel beautiful"

"One you don't have to be sorry for anything but we are gonna start eating and we are gonna do it together. You don't have to eat a full meal but I want you eating a little bit of something 3 times a day everyday okay? No skipping" She nodded her head and I continued.

"Two you are so beautiful. Even though I know you don't feel like you are, you are and you always will be. I know it's gonna take a while to get to the point where you feel the same but we will get you there. Right now though, Have you eaten anything today?" She shook her head so I brought her down stairs and started looking for things to make her.

"I know that after you starve yourself for awhile anything big you eat you can't really keep down so do you know anything that you can eat a decent amount of and keep it down?"

"I can keep mac and cheese down."

"Okay mac and cheese it is."

I got the mac and cheese out of her pantry and told her to go sit on the couch while I made it. She got up and put on the Sturniolo triplets while I made the mac. After I was done I put a little on a plate and called her over.

When she sat at the table she looked at the mac and cheese then back at me with a scared look on her face. I went and sat next to her putting my hand on her leg for reassurance that I am here and not going anywhere.

"One bite at a time" She picked up the spoon and started eating until there was no more on her plate. She set the spoon down and looked up at me.

"I am so so proud of you right now. You did so good" I wrapped my arms around her and held her for a second. I walked her up to her room and laid with her for a little.

When I looked at the clock it said 10:10. I started to get up and get ready when she grabbed my wrist.

"Can you stay with me please"

"Yeah of course" I laid back down and continued to watch the taylor swift documentary she put on in hopes of making me a swiftie. I soon felt her relax into my body. I muttered 'I will always be here' before kissing her head and falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, That's nicole's backstory.
There's gonna be a lot of chapter where jack is helping her with everything.

Ik know what it's like to do both of these things and if i had somebody with me helping me get better of even just someone to talk to i would've been better but i didn't so with that being said if any of you are going through something my dms are always open if you need someone to talk or even listen. i'm a great listener.

Don't forget to vote. :)
Love you lots

~ Nicole <3