Issue 9: The Golden Goblin

Start from the beginning

Vee's eyes widened and she stepped back. "Wait...is that Mr. Wittebane's glider thing!?"

The person in the sky started to fly downwards...before suddenly throwing something behind the last parade float.

And then? There was an explosion, sending the people flying and the float covered in debris.

Everyone began screaming as they rushed to evacuate...but what was even louder than their screaming was the person's cackling.

Vee's eyes were wide with horror before she turned to see her sister...only to see she was gone. "Luz!? LUZ!!!"

The person on the glider then began hovering in the middle of the city with one of his explosives in hand. He was wearing the golden armor from Wittebane Enterprises, but he had a torn up white cloak over his shoulders and head...and a strange golden mask that almost looked like a horned owl of some kind. Not to mention, he had some kind of bag likely filled with more explosives.

He then turned to Blight Manor and smirked under his mask as he began flying towards it, tossing the explosive towards the balcony.

It exploded after hitting the bottom of the balcony. Shrieks came from Amity as the part she was standing on began cracking open and she began slipping down.

"AMITY!!!" Alador screamed as he tried to reach for his daughter, only for a shadow to look over him.

"Sorry, but none of you will be living today." The golden villain cackled as a blade shot out from his gauntlet. He then used his other hand to take out another explosive as he looked at the slipping Amity.

Darius quickly grabbed his pistol and began shooting at the golden villain, who just barely dodged and used his glider as a shield before flying around.

"SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT, OFFICER!!!" He laughed as he threw the explosive at the Blight Family.

But then...a golden web suddenly grabbed the explosive and tossed it right into the air.

The golden villain stared in confusion before suddenly being kicked right off his glider. But, his glider only flew down right after him.

Amity then tried to run to her family, but she suddenly fell after the piece of the balcony finally cracked open...but she didn't even fall for a few seconds until someone caught her.

"I got you!!! It's okay!!!" A voice cried.

Amity turned and gasped when she saw she was in the arms of their city's supposed superhero. "S...Spider-Girl?!"

"Heh! Not my name!" She said as she hopped right onto the stable part of the balcony with Amity in her arms.

Luz then set Amity down, very thankful that she was even able to lift her in the first place. "Go! Get somewhere safe! I'll handle-!"

"BEHIND YOU!!!" Amity shrieked.

Luz's head began ringing just in time and she backflipped right off the balcony as she dodged the slash of her new foe.

The golden villain cackled and flew down after her, throwing another explosive at her.

"Awww, for me!? You shouldn't have!" Luz quipped as she webbed the explosive and threw it into the air again.

"No, really! I INSIST!!!" The villain laughed as he threw even more at her.

Luz swung around and twirled in the air as she barely dodged each explosive. But then, she was finally punched in the face and grabbed by the neck, now face to face with the villain.