chapter twenty two. the only one

Daphne was dressed and ready for a party

Daphne was dressed and ready for a party. She found her brother, Conrad, Steven and Jeremiah downstairs.

"How do I look? Wrong answers only." James was the only one that watched the game when Jeremiah put his controller down and walked out of the room.

"Where are you going?" James asked as Conrad turned off his game. "A party and you look like the Virgin Mary." Conrad smiled and Daphne thanked him.

"You look like you're going to a Bible party." Steven piped up.

"You look pretty." James spoke up. "You're such an asshole." She kicked the bottom of his foot.

"Why's your brother being so weird?" Steven looked at Conrad who shrugged. "I don't know what's going on in his very empty and very dull head." Conrad's answer made the Young siblings laugh.

"And he's not coming to the party tonight so it's just the four of us and Jes" Steven went back to his game and James gave Daphne Jeremiah's controller.

"We're gonna have a fucking grand time."

Before they went James insisted on getting some of Natasha's perfume, he was convinced it made him smell like a flower and he knew alot of girls loved flowers. "How do I smell? Wrong answers only." He said as they stood in the living room.

"Trash." Natasha gave him a side hug and laughed, a refreshing sound to hear. "Puke stains." Conrad took a wiff of the boy. "Baby sharts." Steven said and James doubled over laughing before Daphne spoke up. "You smell beautiful."

Steven's words came true, they did have a grand time and Daphne didn't even have to drink because the rest did that for her. James was tipsy after five minutes of being there.

And then they saw Jeremiah. "I knew my boy's rally! Yes!" Steven yelled as he practically threw himself on James.

"Wait a minute, who's Jeremiah hooking up with these days?" Jesper asked, they picked him up on the drive and now Daphne regretted that.

"Shayla has this crazy theory that he's hooking up with my sister." Steven faked a gag. "I'd kill myself if that happened." Daphne laughed.

"And Jere knows I'd kill him if he touched my little sister. The only one for Belly is going to a party to play the designated best friend." He smiled at Daphne which was a sign that he must be tipsy too.

"If I don't, who will?" She watched as Jesper chugged a glass of beer. "They have a keg!" Jeremiah shouted when he saw the group and Jesper ran to it, Steven behind him.

"I'm gonna make sure those three don't fall and break anything." James followed after them. "Someone needs to make sure he doesn't fall and break anything." Daphne laughed as she sat down on the stairs with Conrad.

"You're more of a designated driver." Conrad took a sip of his beer. He knew she would take them home if need be as he took out his phone.

"I have to go outside." Conrad left and Daphne stayed behind, laying back when the blonde from the bonfire party sat down next to her.

"Tiffany? Right?" She asked and the girl nodded. "Long time no see, I was beginning to think you forgot how to party." She held her glass out and Daphne shook her head and felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. It was Malia.

"I might have, I have to go." She got up and realised the message was from Belly but it just came from Malia's phone. When she left the house she found Conrad outside with a bag in her hand.

"Mal needs us." He said as she opened her car and they approached it. "Yeah, I got the text."