chapter seven. unwanted feelings

The darkness has already wrapped itself around the house when Daphne flicks on the kitchen lights, heading over to the kitchen table, grabbing an apple from the bowl of fruit in the centre

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The darkness has already wrapped itself around the house when Daphne flicks on the kitchen lights, heading over to the kitchen table, grabbing an apple from the bowl of fruit in the centre. She takes a bite of the bloodshot red apple when the front door opens, after a few seconds, a very angry Belly walks into the room. "Apple?" She takes an apple from the bowl, holding it towards Belly. The girl scoffs and Daphne puts the apple away. "How was your date? What base did you reach?" She heads over to fridge, taking out a bottle of water. She unscrews the cap, heading into the living room with Belly. "Excuse me?" Belly frowns, grabbing the water bottle from Daphne who shrugs.

"We were just joshing around or whatever," something unknown flutters in Daphne's gut as Belly paces the room. "You guys are assholes," Belly curses out, this might be the first time she's ever been upset at Daphne, it feels weird, wrong.

"All I wanted to do was go to a drive-in with a guy that was cute and sweet and you guys had to ruin it," Belly glances out the window and something in Daphne chokes and dies, something bitter shimmers in her blood. She hates not having Belly look at her, hates not having Belly be hers, be her friend. She shouldn't have been with that guy tonight, she was supposed to be with Daphne, one of her closest friends.

"I don't see how us being there for two minutes ruined anything," she takes another bite of her apple, trying to keep herself calm, trying to smother her unwanted feelings. "Why couldn't you let me have this one thing? Admit it, you knew what you were doing," Belly scolds and something feels unsaid, something Daphne can't put her finger on. "What was I doing? I told you we were just joking," the apple goes into the trash and she grabs the water bottle back from Belly, taking a sip of it, trying to keep her cheeks from heating up. Belly takes the bottle back and Daphne glares at her. "You were reminding me that you existed," she stares over at Daphne, her eyes softening for a moment, something hangs over them, something that still hasn't been said.

"You cared where I was and who I was with," Daphne scoffs, something rough in her brown eyes when she turns away. She curses under her breath. "I really couldn't care less about what you do or who you're with," Belly walks around Daphne, their eyes meeting again. "Stop lying!" Belly looks like a kid throwing a tantrum. "Stop being such a baby!" She throws her hands in the air, taking in a deep breath. "Cause you're such an adult," sarcasm drips in Belly's voice. "You spent your night ruining my first date,"

Daphne takes a beer from the fridge, opening it with her teeth. She takes a sip and Belly stares at her, something resembling disappointment and disgust in her eyes. "Fine, why don't you just drink another beer or smoke pot with Conrad," she turns to walk away. "Yeah, I will while you sit in your room and look at yourself in the mirror some more," the words are stupid but make Belly pause long enough for Daphne to bump past her and head into her room.