chapter eleven. cam cameron

The day goes by faster than Daphne can keep track of and suddenly it's dinner again, Belly's birthday dinner with friends and family

The day goes by faster than Daphne can keep track of and suddenly it's dinner again, Belly's birthday dinner with friends and family. She swapped her regular seat next to Belly for a seat between Malia and Conrad. "So Cam," Jeremiah starts and Daphne is already tired of him. "You mind if I call you Cam Cameron?" He doesn't mind and Susannah brings up that she knows his mother because she knows everyone in town. "Can you take off your glasses?" Natasha pats on Daphne's shoulder, she shrugs and pulls it off. Everyone looks away, she didn't think to cover the dark bruise under her eye that developed after her nose broke.

"Since you're all disgusted, I'll put them back on," she does and goes back to eating her food while Jeremiah goes back to tormenting Belly and her little boyfriend. "Why don't you eat meat, Cam Cameron?" Jeremiah asks from across the table, looking at the curly haired boy as Daphne tries to take some of Malia's juice but ends up getting a death glare. "The meat industry is the number one distributor of global warming and I just like animals," she tries her luck with Conrad but he takes his glass away from her reach. "Just don't come for my leather jacket," Taylor speaks up. "I'm pretty sure you mean pleather," Steven teases.

"I like her pleather jackets, it's better than skinning an animal to make clothes," James takes his glass away when Daphne tries to reach for it, she flips him off. "Thank you, James. I always knew you were the sensible one," Taylor's comment sends the Young siblings, minus James into a fit of laughter. "Okay, but to Cam Cameron the vegan. You know Belly eats meat and then her meat lips touch your lips," Daphne kicks Jeremiah under the table. "I actually don't judge people who eat meat," Cam Cameron urges. "In fact," he turns to Belly, giving her a quick peck on the lips. She flushes red and Daphne finds herself looking at Conrad who has his eyes focused on his plate.

Jeremiah and Steven pretend to be sick and Laurel scolds them, and says Belly is allowed to kiss. "I just don't understand why anyone would want to kiss someone who once fully shat in the bathtub," Steven puts emphasis on the shat part which makes Daphne push her plate forward. Ash chokes on her drink in laughter. "Thanks for that imagery," he does a small bow. "Well, I remember the last time I visited, you three," she points at Jeremiah, Conrad and Ash whose face has already turned beet red.

"Dared you to pee in the fireplace, you stunk up the house for days," Taylor looks at Steven and Daphne cringes at the memory. They laugh and Steven defends himself by saying his drunk. "Off half a can of white claw," Belly laughs and somehow her glass ends up on Daphne's side of the table. "We should probably start heading to the party," Daphne picks the glass up and walks away.

When they get to the party, Daphne immediately ditches everyone and ends up with Conrad as the two eat cake on the stairs. "If we keep huddling in corners together people will think we're doing sinister things," Daphne makes she contact with Jeremiah who's started singing some old songs from a movie they used to watch as kids. His singing to Belly who seems bored. "Like me stealing the icing of your cake," she lets him take the icing, watching Belly head up the stairs, heading past them. "Exactly like that," Daphne mumbles back as her gaze follows Belly. They spend the night getting wasted and end up fast asleep on Nicole's living room floor.