chapter nine. fuck with her love life

James fears for his life when Belly gets behind the wheel although Malia and Jeremiah seem to have faith in the short girl

James fears for his life when Belly gets behind the wheel although Malia and Jeremiah seem to have faith in the short girl. "If I die young, bury me in satin," Malia sings from her spot in the back with James who has his head out of the window like a dog.

"Are you excited to see Taylor?" Malia lean forward in her seat and pulls James into the car. He rolls his eyes at her, sometimes he genuinely doesn't like her or Daphne or Ash, especially Ash, that's someone who can get under your skin and grow like a virus. "Yeah, uh, of course. So excited," no one buys Belly's answer and James wonders if her tone might be a result of whatever seems to be going on with her and Daphne.

"You sure?" Jeremiah quizzes. "Yeah but you know how Taylor is. She's like a hurricane," Belly explains, her hand leaves the wheel for a second and James screams. "Both hands on the wheel at all times!" He scolds and she scoffs, rolling her eyes at him. "Hurricane Taylor and Hurricane James," Jeremiah jokes. "I'm sorry for wanting to live," James falls back on his seat, trying to calm down when Belly suddenly drives on the wrong side of the road, he nearly has a heart attack. His nerves ease when the car stops. He falls out of the car. "Thank God," he starts running around, taking in as much air as possible before running and almost running into Taylor.

"Sorry," he moves away, moving his hands behind his back. "Let me take your bags," he offers and she hands them to him. "Such a gentleman. Thank you, Jamie," Malia shoves James who smiles at Taylor. "Come on, Jamie," she teases as they head back to the car. He rolls his eyes when she opens the trunk and he puts the bags in. "Guys, we're getting ice cream on the way," Taylor calls as they all start climbing back into the car.

At the shop, Belly and Taylor share ice cream while Malia buys herself raspberry gelato and James gets himself choco mint gelato, James pays for both of them. "Open your present," Taylor puts a bag on the table and Belly takes it while Jeremiah tries to eat some of Malia's gelato. She glares at him. Belly takes out a bikini and James laughs, his cheeks flushing. "Little Belly in something other than her little swimsuit. I'm dead," Taylor shoves him a little. "Leave her, she's growing up," she smiles at her friend.

"I love it, thank you, Taylor," they hug and start talking about the party which Susannah always plans but Taylor doesn't think that's cool and a small part of James agrees. As much as he loves the party they have together, it would be fun to have an actual party with drinks and friends and just let loose for a while. "And Natasha is making it Midsommar themed so she made us all flower crowns,"

"And then we'll eat James for dessert, so it will feel like we're actually in a cult," Jeremiah adds, James' face goes blank, not sure if that's a joke. He can't put anything past his mum and Jeremiah, they're a dangerous combination. "Cam is coming too, so that will be fun," Belly adds, eating some of her ice cream. "Oh, I can't wait to meet the guy who finally got your eyes off you know who," Malia chokes on her gelato and Jeremiah has to pat her back. "Oh my God, are you okay?" James is laughing when he turns to her. She gives them a thumbs up.

"I have an idea, maybe we should go to Nicole's party after dinner," Jeremiah changes the subject before they all make their way back to the car. "You know who," Malia pulls James back and he nods. "You know who is such a fucking idiot. Of course Belly likes her," he turns to her, waving off Jeremiah when he calls them. "Just don't intrude, you know how you know who gets when you fuck with her love life,"