Chapter 15: SSICK

Start from the beginning

(Joy's Note: Lil cooking sesh fr. Enjoy! :D )

I cup up some carrots, celery, and an onion. Then I minced some garlic and ginger before getting some freshly squeezed lemon juice to add some flavor to my amazing soup that I'm about to start making.

I turned on the stove to high heat and put a pot on the stove. I poured a tablespoon of olive oil before adding in some boneless and skinless chicken breasts, seasoning the chicken with a little salt and black pepper of course, classic seasoning. I like more seasoning on my chicken but I have absolutely no idea how Chan likes his chicken season, so... But then I added some other different seasonings. I didn't want to make it too strong so I kept it light.

I only seared the chicken for a bit before transferring them onto a cutting board. I poured some more olive oil into the pot and then added the carrots, onions, and celery. I let it sauté for a few minutes before adding in the garlic and ginger.

After adding some jasmine rice, I let it toast up with the other ingredients and vegetables for a few minutes.

After a while, I put the chicken back into the pot and then poured in a few cups of chicken broth. Then, I seasoned the soup with dried thyme and dried oregano before letting the soup simmer for about 15 minutes.

After letting it simmer, I pulled out the chicken and shredded it before adding it back into the soup. After the rice was fully cooked in the broth, I turned off the stove and added the lemon juice.

I was finally done.

"Y/n, what're you doing?" I saw Seungmin entering the kitchen.

"I made soup for Chan since he's sick. You weren't here so..." I grabbed a bowl and poured some of the soup into it.

"You didn't need any help, did you?" I shook my head and Seungmin nodded before I walked past him and left the kitchen.

I entered the bedroom and saw Chan blowing into a tissue harshly. "Chan, don't blow that hard. It'll make your nose bleed." Chan groaned and stopped blowing into the tissue.

I handed him the bowl of chicken soup.

"Seungmin made this?" He raised his head to look up at me.

I shook my head. "Nope, I did." He gave me a surprised look before leaning down towards the bowl, taking a spoonful of the soup. "Mm, this is good. Thank you." He smiled approvingly and I sat down next to him.

"Are you feeling any better now?" Chan nodded his head slightly. "Yeah, I feel a little better. I might need a few days though."

I nodded and pulled out a bottle of pills from my shorts' pocket to help with the fever. "Take one of these when you're done eating."

He nodded and I set it down on the nightstand next to his side of the bed.

I got off of the bed and walked over to the windows, moving the curtains out of the way. It wasn't too sunny outside but there was just enough sunlight to lighten the room a bit.

"Chan, can you tell me more about the virus?" I asked, sitting back down on the bed next to him. He nodded as he finished his soup and set the empty bowl down on the nightstand.

"The virus isn't something that's airborne or anything. It starts out with a pill that contains the virus." He leaned back against the pillows behind him. "It's like the virus in that one kdrama called 'Happiness'."

Ahhh, I get it now. "So it gets transmitted through biting and scratching too?" He nodded his head.

"Why do you even have something like that though?"