TWELVE

I love this chapter btw, second pov :)

Sighing, your brought back into reality by the sound of your doorbell. Your mom pops her head out from the kitchen, a large beam on her face. You can barely suppress a groan, pushing away from the table and away toward the front door. You open it quietly, revealing a familiar pink haired girl. "Hey, Miko."

"Hi my love," Miko smiles teasingly. You scan her outfit quietly. She's wearing high waisted flaired black pants, and a white tang top, and a black blouse overtop. "Awe, do you like my outfit?~"

You look away, flushing and moving aside. "Come on, Miko."

She chuckles, shaking her head lightly and stepping fully into the home. "Cute."

"Mom went all out," You mumble, ignoring her comment. "Like, 'haven't had some of these things in months' all out. My working theory is she wants to impress you."

Miko smiles, as you enter the kitchen. "Miss L/n! How are you? My~ this smells divine!"

Your mom smiles bashfully. "Aw thank you dear! It's just a little something I whipped up."

You snort, because it's far from the truth. Your mom shoots you a glare and you fake clear your throat, gesturing to her. "She has the best cooking I've ever tasted, you're going to love it." Your mom nods approvingly at you, and Miko hides her chuckle behind her hand.

"How lovely!" She nods.

"If you two'll head to the table, I'll have everything out in a minute!"

You frown. "Are you sure you don't want help?"

"I can handle it," Your mom nods. You sigh and nod, taking Miko's hand and leading her over to the table. You sit, and she slides into the seat next to you, holding your hand softly in her own.

"So..." You mumble. "This party, who's hosting it..?"

Miko rolls her eyes. "Some theater kid, Ei is going. And Ayato just posted about going."

"What made you wanna go?" You ask softly, your free hand messing with the fabric of your pants. Miko shifts and clears her throat, you furrow your brows at the slight apprehension on her face.

"Just—" She's swiftly cut off by your mom bounding into the room, holding a large pan of what appeared to be lasagna. Miko forces a smile. "Oh my! That looks amazing!"

Your mom beamed wide, shuffling back into the kitchen. You turn to look back at the girl ogling your mothers dish. "Miko? You were saying?"

She flicks her eyes over to you and shakes her head. "Let's drop it."

"But—"

"This is us dropping it," Miko nods, as your mom reenters. You sigh.

It's going to be a long dinner.

_______

"That's about it regarding me, ma'am." Miko smiles, setting her glass down with a gentle smile. Her hand moved to lay a top your own, as she rested her head on her free one. "Honestly, I'm really not all that interesting~"

Your mom shakes her head. "Oh don't be silly! Your far more interesting than most of the other people I know!" She turned to you. "Really, Y/n, what a girl!"

You manage to smile awkwardly. If only she knew.

Miko seemingly sensed your thoughts and forced a smile, leaning to rest her head against your shoulder. "You're too kind, ma'am. But your daughter is just as interesting as me! And so kind too."