Chapter 21: Revelation of the Ice

Start from the beginning

"As you wish..." Obanai replied.

"As you wish." Sanemi knelt down in defeat.

"And Fuyuko..." Ubuyashiki then turned to the Ice Hashira.

Fuyuko then gently put the angry Nezuko on her box and knelt beside Sanemi, while the adorable demon cutely puff out smoke as she glared at the Wind Hashira.

"Yes, Oyakata-sama." Fuyuko responded.

"Thank you for your effort. However, please refrain yourself from jumping to situation that may cause you unnecessary harm."

"As you wish." Fuyuko nodded.

"Tanjiro, we have completed our business with you. You may step back." Ubuyashiki announced.

Kocho then raised her hand and proposed that the Kamado siblings will stay in the Butterfly Mansion for medication. With Ubuyashiki's consent, she clapped her hands and 2 Kakushis appeared, quickly taking Tanjiro and Nezuko as they leave.

After a commotion of Tajiro asking permission to headbutt Sanemi once more, and getting hit by 3 pebbles from the Mist Hashira the Hashira Meeting have finally begun.

As the Hashiras started to go inside the mansion for the private meeting, Kyojuro immediately went to Fuyuko's side and gently grab her injured hand, making sure not to cause her any pain.

"I've already stopped the bleeding." Of course, Fuyuko knew about the breathing technique.

But Kyojuro still lifted her palm into his view and examined the bloody gash before he wiped the darkened blood and wrapped it tight with a handkerchief.

"Yes, the bleeding had stop." Kyojuro stated with a smile. "But you should let Shinobu check and treat the wound."

"I'll consult her after the Hashira meeting." She responded. "Thank you for your concern."

Fuyuko then dropped her hand to her side and was about to head inside when Kyojuro's question stop her from taking another step.

"Are you angry?" He suddenly asked.

Fuyuko's eyes widened as she immediately faced him, he was still smiling but his eyes couldn't conceal the hint of sadness that he tried to hide.

"Are you angry, that I opposed the Kamado Siblings' judgement?" He averted his eyes from her.

"Do I look like I'm angry?" She asked.

Kyojuro returned his gaze towards Fuyuko to take a good look at her facial expression and try to read her. However, he couldn't tell what's on her mind and what she is feeling because of her emotionless surface. Even her eyes didn't gave him any hint.

"Until now and ever since we were young, I still have difficulty reading you, Fuyuko." Kyojuro sheepishly admitted.

"I'm not angry at you." Fuyuko finally said. She then took Kyojuro's hand into hers and gently smiled to ease his worries. "I could never be."

Kyojuro's beam brightened upon hearing her words and seeing her smile. All of his concern disappeared and he gave her a quick peck on her forehead.

After the meeting, Fuyuko tagged along with the insect Hashira, and Shinobu happily treated her wound as soon as they arrived at her butterfly estate.

"So you're the slayer who have been using my poisons." Shinobu stated while inspecting one of Fuyuko's hairpin.

She was intrigued how Fuyuko manage to inflict overwhelming pain on the demon under the umbrella with just a hairpin. Now that she looked closer, the hairpin functions as an apparatus that ejects poisons when being exerted by force like stabbing a demon on point.