- ,,

We finally arrived at the RRS headquarters and the guards blocked our way in. "ID and your purpose here, sir."

Chan pulled out his ID. "We're here to negotiate with the leader on an alliance." The guard nodded his head and cleared the path for us.

The headquarters was more of a modern house with other buildings connected in the back, but it was pretty big with a large garden in the front. We went up the stairs and entered, Seungmin and Chan leading the way.

"What if it's too late to create an alliance?" Jeongin asked with a worried look on his face.

"If it has something that involves Y/n, I'm sure we have to negotiate on something and create an alliance now."

We got to the office and the guys went inside except Chan. He put his hand on the small of my back and gently lead me inside. I guess he was just making sure to keep me safe just in case.

There was a handsome but old looking man with slicked back black hair with a few grey strands sitting across from us at the long table. He was wearing glasses and a suit. Something you'd expect any mafia boss to wear at this point. "Welcome, Stray Kids. I guess you've finally figured everything out. Please, take a seat."

Everyone nodded and sat down at the table. "You've brought the girl too." The man smiled at me and I smiled back softly. "She takes after her mother."

Chan sat up straight and looked at the man. "Let's get straight to the plan." The man nodded and took a sip of something from his mug. "Before we start, you all may call me Mr. Shelton." He cleared his throat before getting out some papers, looking over them.

"Many years ago, TMT and my mafia group had conflict over an important thing. It's a virus that has symptoms similar to rabies. It could spread fast if in the hands of the wrong people. I'll tell you more information about the virus later since you must be wondering what you guys and Y/n have anything to do with this."

He straightened his back before starting to speak again. "Y/n's father knew the code to the facility we keep the virus in. And since TMT couldn't get to me, they needed to go after her father because he had left the gang for South Korea, making him more vulnerable and easier to go after. They threatened to kill Mr. Kang and his wife if he didn't tell the code. They could've threatened to hurt Y/n, but they hadn't known Y/n existed. Mr. Kang refused to say anything and was then shot and killed along with his wife, Mrs. Kang."

I furrowed my eyebrows. You're telling me all this happened because TMT wanted a dumbass virus? Why would they even want the virus?

"And my condolences to you of course, Ms. Kang. Your parents were well appreciated by this entire mafia unit."

I nodded and Changbin placed his hand on the table. "So what about the alliance negotiation?"

Mr. Shelton nodded his head before speaking. "Right. Well, I need someone to inherit my leadership soon but I have no one since Mr. Kang left. That leaves Ms. Kang."

Hyunjin furrowed his eyebrows. "You want Y/n to take over your role?" Mr. Shelton nodded and took another sip from his mug. "But there's one condition."

"Y/n must get married according to the rules. She can keep the role if anything happens to her husband, but she needs someone to help her lead."

Chan raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms over his chest. "So what does this have to do with us?"

Mr. Shelton slid a piece of paper across the table to Chan. Chan took the paper and read over it, it was a contract already signed by JYP. "Chan, you must marry Y/n."

Chan and I looked at each other in surprise. I have to marry this guy? What? Why? "Why me?" Chan slid the contract back to Mr. Shelton. "JYP also has involvement in the virus. To protect the virus from getting into the wrong hands, we need an alliance to build a stronger army. And therefore, if you two get married, Y/n can take over my leadership since I'm too old now. As you know, alliance can only form through marriage, blood oath, or mutual allies."

All this information had me taken aback. I'm getting married all of a sudden? I have to be a mafia leader out of nowhere? What if I can't do it? I don't know one thing about mafias, let alone how to fucking lead one. I got up from my chair and left the room.

"Y/n!" Chan shouted after me but I closed the door behind me. I need to process all of this. I'm not ready for any of this.

- ,,

August 8th, 12:34am

I was laying in bed, tucked under the covers in the dark. The ride back to the hotel was quiet and awkward. No one knew what to say. Hyunjin and Felix were already asleep.

I heard the door open slowly. Chan sat next to me on my bed. "Are you okay?" He put his hand on my shoulder and I nodded quietly. "I know it's a lot right now, and you can always back out of it if you want. Alliances aren't that big of a deal anyway." He rubbed my arm gently, I could tell he was smiling.

I turned to lay on my back and moved to the side a bit. Chan slowly laid down next to me. "I don't know anything about the mafia, or gangs, or anything. Marrying you is the least of my problems, but the rest? I'm not gonna be able to do it. It's all new to me still."

Chan hummed and nodded his head. "I understand. But I'm sure they'll give you proper training and teaching. They'll prepare you and you'll get through it, yeah? You'll be a great leader, trust me."

"I guess you're right. Thanks for that." Chan nodded silently. "But marriage too. I mean, I don't have that big of a problem marrying you and all. I just had other plans. Like a big proposal with someone I loved, and then marrying them. Then we'd have a happy family together or something."

Chan turned his head to look at me. "Happy marriages don't always have to have a couple in love with each other. We can work it all out. This is for the sake of protecting people after all."

I turned onto my side, facing him. He turned onto his side to face me as well. "Don't you know about your parents?"

I raised an eyebrow in confusion. I wasn't sure if Chan could see my face in the dark though.

"I guess you don't. Your parents got an arranged marriage when they were young." I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"Really?"

Chan hummed and nodded. "Yeah. But then they worked it out and became best friends throughout their marriage. And I'm sure they fell in love with each other too."

I never knew that. I guess it's cause I always thought they fell in love so hard that they got married because of it. I never really saw them argue either. Maybe sometimes but it was never big.

"Chan, promise me something." Chan nodded, letting me know he was listening. I held my pinky up. "Make sure to be my best friend when we're married."

Chan chuckled when he saw my pinky was held up. "What are you? A child?" He wrapped his pinky around mine.

"Yeah, and so are you since you did it. Now swear."

Chan sighed. "I pinky promise." I smiled and let go of his pinky.

"Good."

"You know a good way we could start off with a good marriage before we get married?" I could tell he was being sly by the tone of his voice. "If we sleep in the same bed together right now."

I pushed him off of the bed, making him drop onto his bum on the floor. "Jeez... I can't joke with you about anything." I laughed lightly and helped him up by his hand.

"Alright, I'll get going then."

I nodded and sat up as he headed towards the door.

"Goodnight, Chan."

"Goodnight, babygirl."

I swear to God, that pet name.

ೃ⁀➷