The Twenty-Eighth Voyage

Start from the beginning

"But why? Why can't I know?" I asked again, as he continued to grin down at me.

"You see... Sinbad has something extra special planned. All you need to do is have some patience." Hinahoho answered, not really answering my question. "Hasn't Sinbad given you any work?" Shaking my head, I explained that Sinbad didn't want me to help with anything, and that I didn't understand the reasoning. I spoke of my feelings and uncertainty. My boredom and my anxieties about the whole situation of not being able to contribute but wanting to. "Do you want to help me with something?" Nodding, he let out another hardy laugh, "You didn't even let me get to the details. Very well, come along then." Exiting the palace, he took me to a rock yard. As it sounded, boulders were in a pile. Asking him what he wanted me to do, he asked: "Can you just bring over some of those rocks so I can toss them into the ocean?"

Doing as told, I turned back to the accumulated minerals, before wondering how I was going to do this. Starting with one with a twelve inch diameter, I attempted to pick it up only for my face to turn red from frustration. The Imuchakk watched for about five minutes, before helping me out a little. As he started to throw the rocks over the natural walls and into the ocean, I watched from the sidelines. "Sorry for not being much help..." I muttered out.

"No problem, I'm surprised you even wanted to help in the first place, but you're a busy body back in Feanel, aren't you?" Nodding a little, I watched him fling another rock over the wall. "There really isn't a reason to feel useless, Princess. Sinbad has his reason for bringing you here and the entirety of the Generals support him without a doubt. Will you have as much faith as we do?" I would have argued back, but like yelling at a parent, it seemed so trivial that I agreed with the Imuchakk. The moment Hinahoho got done with his small side job, a large bird like creature landed on the emerald green grass, scaring me half to death. The moment I saw Pisti, I immediately calmed down.

"Can I take her away for a while?!" The small girl questioned the blue-haired giant. He nodded gingerly, before she skipped over to me frivolously. She took my hand before climbing on her bird companion. "Don't be scared, (Y/N)! I promise you'll have lots of fun!!" Facing my fears, I climbed on with her, sitting in the back. My fingers dug into the bird's feathers. "Let's go!!" She giggled, before the bird took to the sky. Never once have I flown before, so for the first couple minutes I was terrified, however, as time went on I started to really take in the view. I don't know what it was about it, but Sindria looked much more impressive from above. The stood at the center end, as the farmland and forest rested on the island's sides. In the middle was the kingdom as well as the ports and markets. The blonde girl in front of me slightly chuckled before flying back toward the Sindrian Palace, before landing in the courtyard.

"T-That was incredible!! We were so high and yet... I felt so free up there!! Do you do that all the time?! Can I join you again soon?!!" I questioned out of excitement. Pisti was confused for a moment, before answering my questions.

"I know! I'm never going to get used to flying like that!! I'll take you again after-" The girl was about to speak, before she was cut off.

"Pisti, you remember don't you?" Sinbad spoke, approaching the both of us. The blonde girl giggled again, speaking a quick sorry, before flying off again. "I see you and her are getting along quite well. Pisti actually loves to sing, so I would love to hear you both together sometime." The offer was tantalizing. So much so that I agreed instantly. "You've integrated rather well into the Generals' lives, (Y/N). Count me surprised."

"Well, they're important to you, Sinbad. I wouldn't be rude to them even if it saved my life. Besides, they're all so kind and patient. All of you have been." My comment brought a certain expression to Sinbad's face. One of admiration and affection. Of course, I didn't see it. "Oh! I wanted to ask! I was in town yesterday and I saw that your citizens were putting up decorations and the sorts. Is there another festival approaching or something of that nature?"

"I feel like it is time to tell you, (Y/N)." Sinbad spoke, as I waited in anticipation, "You see, I wanted to keep it a surprise so you wouldn't say no, but the celebration is close enough for me to tell you. I am recruiting my Nineth General. And it so happens to be you."

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Well, you sister warned me that if I told you right away, then you would have said no." Sinbad answered, still with a grin on his features. Arguing that I wouldn't have, he laughed, "Come now, (Y/N)! We both know you are lying!!" Puffing out my lips to make a pout, I glared away from him, "And I couldn't bare it if you declined the offer. Your sister and I came to the agreement that Feanel would join the Seven Seas Alliance and that you would be an honored diplomate and my General." At first I was a little mad, but as he explained further, the more conflicted I felt. It's not like I didn't want to be a Sindrian General. I just didn't feel qualified.

"But Sinbad, I can't fight." I argued.

"Sharrkan could easily train you. If you aren't comfortable with him as your teacher, I could also fulfill the role as well." Shaking my head, I faced my gaze to the stone path. "Even if you don't want to fight, then you can help Ja'far with some of his work. After all, that appeared to be your line of work in any case. Or you can act as one of my main subordinates for trade agreements and so on. The possibilities are endless." He was being pretty convincing. But what about my other responsibilities? My job? My father's country? Suddenly, the feeling of someone holding my hands snapped me out of my thoughts. Sinbad stood in front of me, holding my hands tenderly, as he stared into my eyes intensely, "Please (Y/N). Won't you at least consider it?"

"Sinbad..." A mutter was all it took for the world's sounds to take control of the conversation. Closing my eyes, I seized a minute to think. 'Do I really want to be Sinbad's General?' I thought, staring up at him a little. Unbeknownst to me, a red blush painted over my cheeks. 'His General...' Though dirty thoughts were in no way attached, I couldn't help but feel flustered. I hadn't known Sinbad long, however, his and I views of the world were one in the same. I wanted a world where future children can agree to disagree. A world where culture came first. I was no fool. I knew that a utopia would be impossible, but perhaps that was a good thing. Without problems, we'd create artificial ones. Sinbad was a strong leader who represented freedom, and shared similar views as myself. Morals? Maybe not, but no two people are thinking the exact same thing. In little time, I made my decision. "I have decided that I will join you." Copying the salute I've seen his Generals do, I gave him a small, assured smile.

"Welcome to the SevenSeas Alliance, (Y/N)."