The Twenty-Third Voyage

Climbing the plethora of stairs, we finally made it to the top. Two large slabs of moss-covered rock sat before the two of us, as rows of flowers encircled the path. There were all kinds of flowers, but the most prevalent were lilacs. Placing two boutiques and everything else in the basket on the alters, I sat on my knees, praying to the heavens above. For my father. For my mother. And for the legacy they created so the rest of us could find peace and prosperity. Sinbad just stood behind me gazing upon the two graves. His expression was blank.

Taking my flute off of the holster, I put it to my lips and started to play a somber toon. I personally called it Farewell. It used to by a lullaby, and it still actively is, but I only dared play it in this spot. On top of Feanel, sat my parents' graves. And there, I played this piece. My tears had long washed away, but the pain still regularly lingered. The wind started to pick up a little, as the creatures of the wood started to appear. Little rock people, with three hollow holes in their faces to act as a mouth and eyes. Whistles came from them as Sinbad gazed upon them with astonishment. Never had he seen creatures like this before.

Finishing my piece, my eyes trailed down to the little rock people before I lovingly smiled upon them. "(Y/N)? What are these things?"

"We call them Kodama. They're harmless. In fact, they're quite friendly." Standing up from my spot, I turned around to see one or two of them stand on Sinbad's red shoes. A small giggle escapes past my lips as they start to climb up his legs. After a second of playing a quick, squeaky E on the flute, they stare at me and drift away. Grabbing the flower seeds out of the basket, I threw them around wildly, knowing they would grow anywhere. Walking back down the stairs, Sinbad followed right next to me. "I can finally show you around now." Approaching the forest once more, I lit the torch, before grabbing Sinbad's hand. I was a little more than flustered, but that was alright. It wasn't like I wanted to hold his hand... I had to lead the blind man through the forest.

Passing over the stream, I took a blank gander back at a completely lost Sinbad. I wondered why he couldn't see anything again. 'What happened to him?' Sinbad was a mysterious man. He was still an oddity to me and all those around him, however, most pinned his eccentric behavior as his personality, something he can't change. For me, it was a little different. Personality mirrors experiences. So, of course it was odd to see the sailor in this context. Besides that, most people didn't know him when he was younger. Once again, I did. Maybe not well, but I still acquainted myself with him. Sinbad then was different than Sinbad now.

Unbeknownst to me, I gripped his hand tighter, making him smile a little. "Is everything alright, Princess?" He husked out, as I stopped in my tracks. The purple-haired sailor pressed himself against my back, leaning down toward my ear. "You are all tensed up..." Stepping away quickly, a large hue covered my cheeks, as I slapped them. Sinbad stared around aimlessly, before I took his hand again. It was so much bigger than mine.

"Sorry. I was just thinking..." I answered, continuing to lead the sinner through the woods.

"About what, if I may ask." I paused for a moment, look back at him every few seconds. We had stopped again. Sinbad trailed his fingers from my hand up my arm. It continued to move up, before his fingertips followed over my neck and up to my cheeks. "They're warm..." He commented, as my cheeks lit up more, but I didn't stop him. There was no intent in his movements.

"Um, well." I blurted, freezing up again, "If you can't see a thing in these woods... then you have sinned. Quite a bit more than most."

"Tell me, (Y/N)... do you believe in doing wrong to make a right?" I raised an eyebrow in question, before telling him a quick 'no.' At this he grinned a little, "I see why you hold the position of High Priestess now... you have a good soul. However, wrong must be done for progress, either for better or for worst." I really took in what he said, before thinking about my own experience. My father set the slums aflame to escape from tyranny. I understood what Sinbad was saying and I took it to heart. "Let's keep going." Leading him out of the forest, the sun blinded the both of us for a second, before I glanced over at Sinbad. He was staring right back at me.