“N-not at all,” I stutter, motioning to my body. “Just a couple bumps here and there but nothing broken.”

            Teegan stares at me for a couple seconds, a little disbelieving as his eyes trail over me to make sure I am not lying.

            He sighs, his shoulder deflating. “We should get this done. The sooner we do, the sooner we get to the beach house and away from,” His eyes flicker to Maria and Tro. “Never mind,” Teegan mutters, brushing past me, leaving me confused.

            ~*~

            The sound of crashing waves and foaming sea penetrate the air, the wind making my long hair fly crazily.

            Leaning against the rocky side of the road, cars zoom past and I feel a bit of fear prickle deep within me. One serve and I would be trapped between a car and this rocky wall.

            But it was better than sitting at the edge of a cliff.

            Tro and Maria sat on the opposite side of the road, sitting on the small turf of land that was big enough for maybe three people before dropping off to a cliff.

            The cloudy gray sky looms above me and I can literally feel the misty salt in the air upon my skin, soaking deep into my pores.

            I watch Teegan, Trey and Zach as they fix the engine or whatever the problem was. Zach is lying on the ground, his upper body under the car to look at something while trey squats down beside him, handing him tools.

            It was like watching an operation on the car.

            “Screwdriver,” Zach says, his voice muffled. Trey hands it to him.

            My gaze wanders to study trey’s profile, his handsome face a sure hit with the ladies. A burgundy beanie is snuggled nicely onto his head and as I lean against the wall, I can’t help but ponder my relationship with these boys. In a matter of a couple weeks, I have forgotten “home” in a sense. Often times, I left early in the morning to go to Teegan’s house where everyone was, and would come home late at night.

            Home was where I felt like I belonged. Home for me was beginning to be a place where these dramatic, moody and inappropriate boys were.

            To engrossed in my thoughts, I see movement flutter to my right.

            “Hey,” Teegan says quietly, leaning beside me, his arm brushing against mine.

            I smile at him, looking away, an awkward feeling surrounding us in a way that I couldn’t pinpoint. I knew Teegan was going through something because he always had this dazed and thoughtful look on his face these past couple days. Especially now. It was like he was mulling something over in his mind. We both knew that he wasn’t telling me something but I didn’t want to push the matter.

            “I’ve-“

            “You know-“

            We both begin at the same time. My cheeks heat up, wisps of my brown hair dance around my face from the wind.

            “You start,” I say shyly.

            Teegan throws me an amused smile, his gray eyes dancing about like a flickering flame.

            “I’ve been thinking a lot,” Teegan finally says, his timbre voice low.

            I nod my head, agreeing. “Surprising.”