chapter forty-eight

Start from the beginning

" That's good." I say. I look at Liam.

" Where's my tea?" I ask. Liam shows me it on the counter. I walk to it and take a quick sip. I smile.

" Thanks Li. It tastes great as always." I say.

" You're welcome Mill." Liam says. Our house phone rings. Liam grabs it and answers it.

" Hello?" Liam asks. I look at Luke.

" Who could it possible be?" I ask. Luke shrugs his shoulders. Liam hands me the phone.

" It's Louis." Liam says. I grab the phone from his hand and press it to my ear as Luke claps because it's Louis on the phone.

" What's up Lou?" I ask.

" I'm just letting you know, I'm coming over later today so I can play with my munchkin." Louis says.

" Okay. Are you bringing Paige?" I say.

" No, I can't. She's got a big test coming up for university so she can't come. So its just me." Louis says.

" Alright. Thanks for letting me know Louis. It's always good to have a warning to when you're coming instead of you just walking in." I say.

" Hey, you love when I do that." Louis says.

" Yeah, no I don't." I say.

" Oh whatever. See you later." Louis says. He hangs up and I hand the phone back to Liam so he can put it back in the charger.

" What did Louis want?" Liam asks.

" He just wanted to let me know that he's coming over today." I say.

" Instead of randomly barging in? What is wrong with him? Who took the real Louis?" Liam says. I let out a little giggle.

" I don't know Li. I'm gonna set Luke up with his toys. Can you put cream cheese on a bagel for me?" I ask fixing Luke on my hip.

" Sure thing babe." Liam says pecking my lips. Luke whines and points to his lips.

" Do you want a kiss from daddy too?" Liam asks. Luke nods his head.

" Well, you have to say daddy to get that kiss." Liam says. Luke frowns. I look at Liam.

" Don't do that to him." I say.

" Oh alright. One kiss for a special baby." Liam says pecking Luke's lips. Luke giggles when Liam pulls away.

" Alright. Come on munchkin, let's go play with Baba and Elvis." I say. Luke whines in my arms. I sigh and place him on the ground.

" I forgot you like to walk by yourself." I say. Luke runs to the front room. I follow after him. He walks to where Baba, Elvis, and a couple of other stuffed animals are sat. He sits down next to them and starts playing with them.

I was about to walk away when he calls for me," Mama!" I look back at Luke.

" What munchkin?" I ask. He pouts his lip out.

" Do you want mommy to play with Baba and Elvis?" I ask. Luke nods his head.

" I will play, but I have to eat breakfast first." I say. Luke pouts his lip.

" Don't worry munchkin, I will be right back." I say. Luke nods his head. I walk out of the front room and back to the kitchen. I found Liam looking at his phone and my bagel sitting next to him. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him. I place my chin on his chest. He smiles down at me.

" Hi babe." Liam says kissing my forehead.

" Hi Liam." I say. Liam hands me my bagel.

" Here's your bagel." Liam says. I take it in my hands.