11♠️

✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧

Chapter 11

✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧

"Alice, you've lost your mind!" Philippe growls. The others nod, swirling their weapons in all directions. Their efforts are futile as fairies continue to emerge tirelessly from the tall grass. It's a losing battle, and I can see from the faces of my friends that they're growing tired.

I focus on the stained glass window and the beast that isn't attacking. No one gets close enough to it as the fairies are aggressive and attack without waiting for us to advance. Most players are cornered toward the lake, where boats await on the shore. If they board them, they're doomed. If they stay there, they will be too.

The ground is littered with bodies, and the grass is now entirely red. I must strike at the heart. I tighten my grip on my dagger against my chest.

"It's a risky gamble, don't you think?" my sister's voice resonates in my head, but I don't falter and shout before I dash forward, "Cover me!"

"Alice, no!" I feel Killian's arm reaching out to grab mine, but I'm faster. I start running.

The wind slaps my face, but nothing stops me in my race, not the hundreds of tiny blades cutting my arms and face, not the bodies under my feet that I step over. I run because my life depends on it. I charge toward the beast. My heart echoes in my eardrums, and I hear nothing else. Silence and my heart. The dragon looks at me and opens its mouth. Fire bursts forth, but I don't stop.

And nothing happens. The flames surround me, but I keep running. I bypass the beast and throw myself onto its tail. It doesn't react. Its body is as cold and hard as stone, and I climb it without wasting a second. Until I reach the height of the stained glass window.

I plunge into the void, raising the blade that crashes into the heart.

✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧✧★✧

Sorry for the short chapter lol