𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 87

Start from the beginning

In reality, Boleoti and Aurea stayed quiet about the rumors.

☆☆☆

In the Boleoti Mansion

— *Nap Time —

As Leonia settled down for a nap, she cradled the black lion doll in her arms and asked, "Tell me more about Count Urmati's Grandfather."

While flipping a page of the children's book in his hand, Duke Phileo glanced at Leonia.

"Go to sleep. You should sleep now so you won't doze off at the Banquet." Duke Phileo advised his daughter, gently closing the children's book.

Leonia declared, "First of all, where is mom? And sleeping is one of my intentions anyway."

"Must I remind you once more that your mother is currently occupied, tending to put your brother to sleep?" Duke Phileo calmly reiterated while Leonia started sulking.

Leonia looked at her father with a strange expression after he stated, "The bathroom is a better excuse."

"That's weird..." remarked Leonia.

Duke Phileo remarked, "I was just kidding. Are you that curious about Count Urmati? I wonder what is there to be curious about."

Leonia expressed, "Everything!" which caused Phileo to glance at her.

Duke Phileo's question took his daughter by surprise: "Do you want to go see him?"

"NO!!! I'M JUST CURIOUS ABOUT MY BIRTH MOTHER AND HER FAMILY!!! WHY WOULD I WANT TO LEAVE YOU, MOM, AND AMO!! IT'S NOT LIKE THAT! NOT EVER! NEVER!!" Leonia exclaimed in haste, tossing the blanket aside as she swiftly sat upright.

Leonia, looking furious like a bunny, exclaimed angrily, "AND BOLEOTI AND AUREA'S ARE MUCH WEALTHIER!!! I WON'T LEAVE UNTIL I GET SOME OF IT!!!"

"Thank you for such a materialistic reason." Duke Phileo responded calmly.

Duke Phileo's eyes gazed off into the distance as memories from his childhood flooded back. A faint smile appeared on his lips, evoking a sense of nostalgia.

☆☆☆

"He loved my Aunt."

From around the corner emerges a youthful Phileo, who immediately spots his uncle.

"So much that, after she died, he wandered around aimlessly for a while."

Phileo's gaze was fixed on his uncle, who appeared to be mentally disturbed and lifeless.