𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 40

☆☆☆

~I Became the Male Lead's Adopted daughter/I Became the Male Lead's Wife!~

~Chapter 40~

☆☆☆

"The others include the Olor family, who's the head of government, and...."

"The Imperial Family."

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

It was silent before Duke Phileo spoke up.

"Is there any evidence that shows the Imperial Court was involved in all this?" Duke Phileo questioned as he ponders.

"Sadly, there is." Marquis Pardus answered.

"The Urvespe family's head sent us a message from our borders in the West." Marquis Pardus said as Duke Phileo moved a chess piece.

"Apparently, a certain 'someone' recently rented out a large warehouse on the borders between the North and the West. What's more, it's situated in a shady and secluded place. and heavily guarded by several mercenaries. But amongst those mercenaries......" Marquis Pardus trailed off.

"An Imperial Knight was spotted." Marquis Pardus said.

Duke Phileo frowned as his eyes became narrowed while holding a shimmering golden eagle chess piece.

The room temperature dropped as the room became solemn.

"Continue." Duke Phileo demanded as he leaned forward.

"It was confirmed by one of the servants of the Urvespe family who came forward as an eyewitness."

☆☆☆

"I'm certain because I've seen him at the Capital before."

"I go to this particular cafe when I visit the Capital and he goes there often."