Realizations

*Updated 3/19/24*

A/N: Omg, while I was reading I almost forgot I was the one who wrote it and got so invested. Once again, I'm so sorry it took this long to find it again, but I hope I can do it justice with the plans I've made

Hold on, because it's about to get real-

Think Marinette, think! She told herself. Wrapping her arms around Chat, she pulled and pulled but he was too heavy for her to carry. Wait a minute...

Looking around the house confirmed her previous thoughts. She was home alone, and Chat was passed out. That meant no one would know.

"Tikki, spots on!" she said, a blinding pink light surrounding her, transforming her into Ladybug, someone who definitely is strong enough to carry Chat up to her room.

A little winded, Marinette set Chat down on her chaise. Detransforming, she bent over with her hands on her knees. "I just need a minute to catch my breath," she said to her kwami.

Right after taking a minute, she checked his pulse to make sure he was ok. Thankfully his heartbeat was stable, but there was no way to see what his stomach looked like with him still transformed. At least while he was transformed, Plagg would keep him safe from any major health complications. All she could do was wait.

Tikki flew over the surrounding Chat. "What if he de-transforms while asleep?" she asked, worried of yet another identity being revealed.

"You're right! I have to go get the spare mask and ears!" She said, sprinting out of her room to go get them.

...

Opening his eyes, the color pink flooded his vision.

"He's awake!" said the voice Adrien recognized to be that of his kwami Plagg.

"Huh?" Adrien said, attempting to sit up while fully opening his eyes.

Quickly, he felt a hand on his shoulder and stomach, "Whoa, take it easy, you've been out for a bit, sit up slowly" the person he now recognized as Marinette said.

Wait, Plagg? Adrien thought, as panic surged through him, realizing that seeing his Kwami meant that he had de transformed, in Marinette's room. Quickly, he put his hands to his face, and to his relief, he could feel a makeshift mask. Few, she still doesn't know it's me. 

Still confused about what happened, Adrien, with Marinette's help, sat up. "Marinette, can you tell me what happened?" he asked, wanting to try and fill the gaps in his memory.

"You passed out, do you remember?" she asked him.

He thought about it for a sec, and it was starting to come back to him. Putting on her hoodie, her hoodie. Then being brought to the bakery, but something wasn't adding up for him. I passed out in the living room, and now I'm in Marinette's room... how is that possible?

"Yeah, I remember. How did you bring me up here from the living room?" he asked, confused.

Marinette didn't know how to respond. One wrong slip up and she's screwed. Thinking of something that might sound somewhat like a logical answer, she said, "It was, uhhh, the adrenaline" she said. But quickly to distract Chat from the logistics of him winding up in her room, she remembered what she had wanted to say.

"Chat, I know you were worried about me, but you can't transform with your injury! I mean passing out, you really scared me," Marinette told him, crossing her arms around her body, frustrated with his defiance of the 'doctors orders', but also confused, and a bit flattered, that he did it for her...