47 | was it really that bleak?

song for this chapter: crying over you
by honne, beka, RM

song for this chapter: crying over youby honne, beka, RM

Date: 16th April, 2022

The knocks on her bedroom door made Euijin turn towards the direction of her door in an instant.

For the past half an hour, she has been pacing back and forth in her room, waiting for Mark's arrival.

It's been awhile since they last met. And it's been awhile since they had a talk. The thought of having a talk with him made her nervous, not knowing where the conversation would lead.

Their relationship could significantly go for the better, or it could be worse from the talk they were about to have. And it made her anxious, more than she could ever imagine.

She could feel the underlying reason for her anxiety. But nevertheless, she brushed the thought away and gave it a chance when she opened her bedroom door.

"Hey. Come in." She invited with a smile on her face.

"It's been awhile," Mark said, coming inside her room and taking in the view he hasn't seen for longer than usual. "Is this new?"

Her eyes landed on the jewelry box she recently bought for her room. Nodding her response, "Figured I should get a proper one to keep the bracelet you gave me."

"Ah the planet bracelet?" He chuckled. "That bracelet really suits you, Miss Universe."

"I'm always wearing it." She replied, showing her wrist where the bracelet with a planet pendant were.

The two spent a few minutes in silence, where Mark seated himself on the edge of her bed and Euijin were warily seated on the chair of her vanity.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" He asked. Almost at the same time, Euijin also spoke, "We should talk, right?"

Mark laughed an empty chuckle. "We need to talk. So let's go for a walk?"

"Are you sure about going for a walk? I mean, although not to me, but you're still Mark Lee from NCT in the eyes of the public."

Mark nodded. He couldn't find the courage to say it, but his thought echoed repeatedly in his mind. I don't want to tie a sad memory to this place. I don't want to break your heart in the only place you can call home. "It's okay, I can cover myself pretty well."

Ten minutes later, the two were on their way out with Mark fully disguised in his outfits.

"Where are we going?" She asked, hands folded together in an attempt to warm herself. She turned to face him, but Mark had stayed staring at the ground for as long as they have been out walking.

Mark shook his head, "I don't know. Is there any place you want to go to?"

"Not really. Just being here with you is nice enough." Euijin replied. She moved closer to where he was walking, and sneaked her hand into his pockets where he immediately held her hands. "It really has been awhile, right? How have you been?"