I quickly held her face to stare at me and not him "Are you crazy?! Do not look at him"

"Why?"

"You will give him the impression that we are talking about him when we're not" I said.

"But we are talking about him" she replied, still staring at him.

"Jovie!" I whisper yell, watching her as she smiled and waved. I slowly turned and saw him wave back at her.

Could the ground not just swallow me alive...

"I will divide you guys into a pair to make a list of pastries and cakes that you guys have to pick out in the box. This will be an exercise that will count 30% of your examination score" Mrs Iyernet stated "I will leave you to choose your pairs"

On instinct, Jovie raised her hand and shouted "I will pair with William R." She said, taking not only me but the William R. aback. She gave me some devilish smile, walking away to William R's table set.

"Claude and Kara together"

Daughter of the devil.

Claude went infront of the class and picked out a paper from the box before walking back to me.

"Sorry about earlier"

"Just concentrate" I smiled tightly.

"Umm Okay. It's just classic French macaroons, a black forest cake and she gave us a free style to do what ever we want" he read out as I arranged the things on the table.

"You're a chef right?"

"How did you know?"

"Umm...." I hummed "I passed by one of your videos on YouTube. Nice, you won le meilleur pâtissier. Congrats"

He nodded "Macaroons are quite technical to make. If the mixture isn't right then the baking will be really difficult" he stated "what will you make?"

"I will start with the black forest cake" I said, more interested in the chocolate than anything else on the table.

After that short conversation, we started working. He quickly and easily made the mixture for the macaroons, humming a sing to himself like it was the easiest thing to make while I was mixture the batter for the chocolate biscuit/cake.

"I'm done" I announced, pouring the batter into the cake pans.

He looked up at me after placing the macaroons into the baking ovens and laughed to himself.

"What's with your face?" He asked, making me self conscious.

"What's wrong?" I asked, facing him.

He picked up a tissue and stepped closer. What did he think he was doing? I asked myself as he whipped the tissue against my cheeks.

"There's chocolate all over you face, Del" he mocked.

"Ohh..." I said quickly sipping with with the tissue as he stepped away and helping me placed the cakes into the oven.

"So what do you think we could do?" He asked, washing his hands.

"I thought of a pink lady" I replied.

"French Classic" he commented "a marzipan sponge cake with raspberry cream, a strawberry coulis, a lychee coulis, a vanilla whipped ganache and a pink chocolate glaze in a form of a dorm"

"I haven't mastered the recipe for a marzipan sponge cake and making a ganache always troubles me, I can do the two coulis and the glaze" I said.

He nodded, already measuring the ingredients for the sponge cake.

"So... have any girlfriends?" Do not blame me, that just came out.

"I'm thinking of someone" he replied cooly.

"Okay... how is she?"

"She's really nice and cute, so is she really funny. She just moved to Italy" he replied.

"So you met her in France?" I asked, placing a raspberry in my mouth as I cooked it up.

He nodded "what about you?"

I shook my head "I don't see my self in such and moreover, I don't have time for those boys and the issues that come with it. Something to make my brother's happy about, I'm technically Asexual"

"So you don't even have feelings for me?" He asked, facing me.

"No. I can't have such feelings" I shook my head. I didn't think much about love and no, I didn't like like Claude. He just made me nervous because I wasn't custom to being around other guys who weren't related to me.

No guy looked good enough for me in my opinion. I always tried looking at the good points in the guys I'm around but I just always fall on a damn flaw. I prefer keeping them friends like Henry and Shaun than dating people who will bring me trouble.

"You don't believe in love?" He asked.

"Yes, I don't. I mean most of the relationships in highschool never last and it's all infatuation; a short ephemeral love that can never last. For example; Riordan was dating Mabel and she thought they will be together for ever but he ended up cheating on her with Rue, a stuck up plastic bitch" I said.

"What's your point?"

"Relationships must fail. You may look at a couple and think that they are so in love and perfect for each other but do you live in thesame house with them? No! You don't know whether they may have an issue together or fight each other over some topic at night. My point is relationship are short lived and useless because there's no point in being with someone that you won't spend the rest of your life with" I explained, occasionally placing a raspberry in my mouth.

He shook his head at my point.

"Not every relationship is a failure like how you percept it to. My parents divorced some years ago but now, they are back together and they are very well happy though my Mother is literally in Tokyo" he said "One day you will find the right one for you and you will let him go because of this your perception of love"

"My perception of love is perfect and true in my opinion. Do you know whether your parents have that typical long term relationship issues? I doubt you do" I said.

He breathe out, speaking no more and turning back to the batter of the cake, no more speaking.

I held back and eye roll and placed the coulis mole pan with the raspberries inside the deep freezer.

Yeah it is. I'm no more nervous.