Dragon cleared his voice. Ace already felt that something is wrong because of that.

"Gol D. Ace.." Dragon started.

Ace felt the hairs on his arms rise. "Could you please tell me where you have been?" Ace gulped. How did Dad know?

"Uhh, j-just, ah, training?" Ace said, slowly inching away from his Dad and trying to hide behind Deuce who looked conflicted.

"What kind of training?" Dragon's voice was low and Ace knew that he fucked up.

"Ah, you know.. with Whitebeard. Yeah, Whitebeard!" Ace said and he could see that no one bought it. Even Sabo who had joined them a few seconds ago was narrowing his eyes at him. But hey that's at least half true! He has been fighting Whitebeard every chance he gets, even if sometimes Luffy joins him. He needs to get stronger if he wants to defeat someone.

"Really Ace?" Ace froze at the low voice he got in response. "Ace, I'm not in a good mood at the moment. What happened?"

Ace stuttered. "I-I went and explored, nothing else!"

Dragons face darkened, "Hm, that's not what I heard."

Ace really wasn't ready for this. How did Dad and Sabo know about it? How? The island is remote and no information ever comes and goes out of it. Ace started sweating bullets.

One look at Dad's grim face and Sabo's disappointed told that he shouldn't lie but if he does-

"I heard that wasn't the only Yonko you went to fight," Dragon's face darkened more. And his voice as cold as ice. "Am I right?"

Ace gulped. It was over, he might as well start praying because only a god could stop Dragon. He nodded slowly.

"Seriously Ace," Sabo sighed in annoyance. "You know, Lu is shouting in the whole base that he is gonna fight the Yonkos once he starts and gets a decent crew!"

"Fuck," That was what Ace could only say. His baby brother going after a Yonko was way too early!!! He knew Luffy wouldn't go after Whitebeard and Shanks and that leaves Big Mom and Kaido. He would prefer if Luffy fights them at his mid twenties or never. The latter would be better but he knew it was inevitable.

"It's bad enough that he likes fighting with Whitebeard," Dragon said with a low voice making Ace flinch.

Ace really wanted to flee the situation and get hold of Luffy and drill it in his head that how he shouldn't go against them in his first five years of his journey at least...

Suddenly it crashed down on him how Dad and Sabo were feeling. Fuck, but he is strong enough..

"Ace!!!!" A voice called and it is definitely Luffy. He thanked whichever God is up there to send Luffy right now, even if it meant getting thrown to the ground by the rubber boy's rocket.He didn't mind the fall at all and hugged the boy tightly. This is his escape and he would take it shamelessly.

"Hey! Lu!" He said with a big grin to hide his nervousness. "What's up?!"

"Ace! Sabo!" Luffy said getting up and bouncing in place. "Let's go! We can play! Or we can hunt for food! Or let's spar!!!"

He chuckled at Luffy's enthusiasm. "Did you forget to greet someone, Lu?" Ace said teasingly making Luffy gasp.

"I'm so sorry!" Luffy said jumping over to his crew excitedly and greeting each one of them with their nicknames and hugs. It was really a good scene after them being shocked with the realization of his adopted Dad.

He still remembers when Luffy had popped up on his own in the PoS one day and said that he missed them all and wanted to meet the Whitebeards for a spar. The reaction of his crew was amazing with them getting to know Luffy without any barrier and them dotting on him. Luffy took all the attention with glee and his crew although protective on him now, loved him.