birthday.

it's time for a wholesome imagine.
also, my birthday's coming up so why not.

07/06: also, there's a dog that slipped from under the neighbors yard and we're just keeping him for the night because i don't have the heart to let him roam around in the dark at night. he's sleeping, currently. it's so nice, so cute.

sorry, i really didn't know how to end it off.
i hope you enjoy the chapter ~ <3

˚ˑ

you opened your eyes, squinting around as you sat up. your mouth opened widely as you yawned, tiredly. you grabbed your phone off the nightstand, checking the time. as your checking the time, you remembered, it's your birthday today. you groaned, flopping back into the mattress. "why does it have to be my birthday?" you asked, aloud.

you scoffed, getting up, heading towards the bathroom. you splashed some water onto your face, drying it off with the towel, hanging off your door. squeezing the toothpaste onto the brush, you started brushing your teeth. you felt empty, like there was nothing to feel. you twisted the faucets, mixing the bathwater as you stepped in. you moved underneath the shower head, feeling the warm water touch your skin. it was a good feeling, so you let yourself stay there for a few minutes.

you stepped into the room, drying yourself off with a towel. you skimmed through your closet, pulling out a comfy a set of clothes to start your day. you walked to your dresser, picking up your brush. you stopped, setting the brush down as you noticed the small blue gift box, with a white ribbon tied upon it. you broke out a smile, "ah, he didn't have to." you said, while opening it, revealing a beautiful necklace. "it's pretty." you said, carefully taking the necklace out of the box. you unclipped the hook, placing it around your neck. you stretched your arms back as you tried to clip it together. you placed your hand over the charm, looking at the necklace in the mirror. "he really didn't have to." you jumped around, absolutely loving the gift.

even though, you were slightly depressed on this day, the necklace made you feel better.

you picked up the brush, untangling your hair. you brushed your hair, pulling it back into a messy bun. you walked out of your room, closing the door behind you. you walked down the hallway, smelling something delicious. you mouth watered and your stomach rumbled. "what smells so delicious?" you asked, turning the corner. "good morning." you added, taking a seat at the table. he turned around, hearing your voice, he smiled. "did you like.. the present?" he asked, scratching the back of his neck. "i didn't what you'd like so-" you interrupted him. "don't worry, i like it a lot." you reassured him with a smile, swiping your thumb over the charm. "thank you," you thanked him. "it's pretty. i really really like it." you smiled, looking up at him. "but your expression looks a bit.." he shakes his head. "it's nothing, i just.. you know, i feel a little bit empty." you pressed your lips together, shrugging. "then, i hope making your favorite dishes will cheer you up." he smiled, grabbing a small fork as he picked up the rice cake. "here, have a taste." he beckoned for you to come. you came over, blowing on it slightly before eating it. your eyes lit up, "mmhmm. so delicious, wow, you're so good at cooking." you gave him a thumbs up. "when will it be done?" you asked. "in a few minutes, and oh.." he trailed off for a second, as he opened the cabinet pulling out two shot glasses. "soju? a little?" he asked. "sure." you nodded.

a few minutes later, the table was set with your favorite dishes; tteokbokki, bulgogi, army stew, and nakji bokkeum; with the side sides of kimchi, gamja jorim, steamed rice, and pickled radish. your mouth watered at the food in front of you. first, you tasted the soup, your eyes sparkled.

he twisted the cap, opening the bottle of soju. he placed a glass beside you, as he poured your fill. you placed the glass to your lips taking a sip. the liquid burns your throat slightly but leaving a sweet, refreshing taste. "hm, not bad." you said, downing the rest of it. he refilled your glass, setting the down the bottle as he began to eat.

you were definitely stuffing yourself, you couldn't help yourself, it was delicious. you brought your spoon to the bowl, tasting the soup once more before picking up your chopsticks. "so, do you feel any better now?" he asked, taking a bite of the rice cake. you nodded, "this makes everything much better," you wiped the sauce off your lips, with the napkin.

you placed the glass towards your lips, downing the shot. "don't drink too fast," he warned. "i don't think daytime drinking is the way to go." you said, crossing your arms. "but, i'll take it." you said, reaching over as you filled your glass. "what are your plans today?" he asked, curiously, taking a big bite of the bulgogi. "nothing much, maybe if the girls want to hang out. stay in and play games, watch movies." you shrugged, you didn't really decide what you wanted to do. "tell me if you want anything." he said, as you nodded. "but, what about you?" he asked. "i have some work to do, i'll leave after i finish." you nodded. "take care, in advance." you smiled. he reached over, ruffling your hair. "ah, why'd you do that?" you asked, moving your bangs away from your face. "but do we have leftovers?" you asked, taking your last bite. he nodded, "good." you said, gulping down a mouthful of soju. you made a face as the liquid burns your throat. he reached over, refilling your glass.

you sipped at the glass, yawning a bit as you finished your food. "then, i'll take my leave, and see you later." he patted your head, grabbing his jacket. "and if you want anything, there's money in the cabinet." he says, slipping off the house slippers. "you can leave the dishes, i'll wash them later." he added. "have a good day." you said, taking another sip from your glass.

you heard the front door close, turning back towards the table. "he really shouldn't have left the bottle like that.." you said, gulping down another shot. you reached over refilling your glass. you gulped down another mouthful, placing the dishes on top of each other as you turned on the faucet. you pulled up your sleeves, grabbing the dish soap. you placed an airpod in your ear, scrolling through the music app, clicking on a playlist.

"maybe i can watch a movie when i'm done." you hummed to yourself, going along with the rhythm.