talk.

it's always the late at night imagines i be writing lol
but before you start reading, i have a small warning.

TW: su!c!dal thoughts.
now, you can proceed.
hope you enjoy the chapter <3.

˚ˑ

you walked into the dimly lit apartment, peeking your head into the living room. you stepped further, seeing do-ki sitting down on the couch. he rested his head against the wall, a gloomy expression plastered across his face as he found himself in his thoughts. you pressed your lips together before approaching him. "everything alright..?" you asked, awkwardly. he didn't reply, just continued wallowing in his thoughts. "well, then." you dropped your bag, plopping on the couch. "can you please leave me alone?" he asked. "i'm not here for you." you said, letting out a loud sigh, bawling your fists. "these fucking people, seriously." you cursed, under your breath. "watch your language." you heard from beside you. you lifted your head to look at him before turning away. "but, what happened? why is your expression so gloomy?" he asked, looking down at you. "sort out your own problems before prying into others. you look like you need a break." you told him, grabbing your bag as you walked away. you heard a sigh, "where are you going?" he asked, sitting up straight. "rooftop." you said, making your way out the door.

you made your way onto the rooftop, dropping your bag on the ground, as you hopped onto the ledge, sitting down. you pulled out your phone, placing in an earphone as you felt the wind blow through your hair. the rooftop door opens, revealing do-ki who followed you outside. "don't sit on the ledge, it's dangerous." he says, grabbing your hand. you pulled your hand back, "it's okay." you told him. "why won't you listen to me?" he asked, slightly annoyed. "why would i? if i fall back first from up here.. it would be all over, just like that. no problems, no stressing out over dumb things, and eternal peace." you snapped your finger, shrugging. "what about the people around you, your family? what do you think their lives will be like once you're gone? won't they miss—" you interrupted him, "i'm tired of hearing this." you said, staring into his eyes. you scoffed, "if my family cherished me so much, why are they treating me like shit? do you know?" you asked him, raising a brow.

he stayed silent. "you don't know, huh?" you said. "then, can you please leave me alone? i'd like to be by myself." you told him, turning around as your feet hung off the ledge. suddenly, you felt his arm around your waist, pulling your backwards. you stumbled back, your back hitting his chest. you groaned in annoyance, sighing mentally. you turned around to face him, glaring into his eyes.

it was pointless, to resist or fight and argue. he'd just keep getting in your way. you were also too mentally exhausted for a fight, you didn't have it in you. "can't you just leave me alone? i really don't have the energy to argue right now, i just want some peace." you reasoned, sighing loudly. "then, i'll stay with you." he said, taking a step forward. "no." you replied.

he leaned on the concrete ledge beside you, turning to look down at you. his hand reaches out to stroke your head, in a slow-gentle motion.

the motion made you feel a little better. you zoned out, staring into the open space for a few seconds. thoughts running throughout your mind, bringing small tears to your eyes. "i feel so tired, like all my energy has been drained. also, the fact that i have to deal with constant harassment and name calling from my family members. all the things they put me through.. i wouldn't even wish to know them in my next life." you felt the feeling of relief wash over you. "it felt good to get that out." you said, fiddling your fingers as you looked down at them.

"you're surrounded by negativity, all around.. i'll be someone you can share these things with." he said, placing his hand on his chest, giving you a smile. "thank you for listening to me." you whispered, quietly. "and.. i'm sorry for my words earlier." you apologized.

"i'll forgive you." he said.

"but.. aside from me. are you doing okay? your expression seemed all gloomy earlier." you said, tilting your head as you looked at him. "i need to clear my thoughts." he said, as you nodded. "i hope they're not bad thoughts." you replied. "no, there are no thoughts like that." he said, following you inside the apartment.

˚ˑ

i wanted to publish it quickly but decided to wait till it was 5 days, right on schedule.

i did reread and rewrote a few lines, paragraphs—because rereading it, i felt the old version was too cringe. i couldn't bare to read it, myself. ☠️☠️

anyways, i hope you enjoy the chapter. don't forget to vote and comment! <3