10

"Drink some water first." He says to me.

César goes into their kitchen and brings over a glass of water, handing to to me. I lift up my hand and finally notice how much I'm shaking. Shit. I look around at them and see that they've got worry and sadness all over their face.

"Stop lookin at me like that." I tell them.

They all shift their eyes to look elsewhere as I grab the glass from Cèsar. Fuck. I love water.

It's gone. I look back at Cèsar and hold the glass up to him.

"More. Please." I tell him. They laugh. Why are they laughing? Bitches. I roll my eyes and look at them with furrowed eyebrows.

Cèsar comes back with the glass refilled. I drink that one up too.

"I want to go home." I say, this time I look at Danny.

"Yeah. I'll take ya home y/n." He tells me and extends his hand for me to take it. I do, obviously.

I get up slowly. Fuck this hurts, holy shit.

Oscar opens the door and Danny leads me out of the house. The gang members look at me with stern but sad expressions, if you know what that is. Jesus. I look around at them then at the ground.

...

We get home and mom is sitting on the couch watching a show on tv. She turns her head to look at us. Danny holding the door open and Oscar helping my limping body into the house.

"Ay! Y/n, what happened!" She exclaims.

"Ma. don't worry she's going to be fine." Danny tells her.

"What did you do Daniel?" She asks him and slaps his arm. I can't help but laugh. I wince from the pain in my ribs.

"I didn't do anything!" He tells her and puts his hands up. When he did this the door closed quickly slammed right into Oscar's face.

"Fuck! Danny!" He yells, holding his nose.

"Oops." He says, smiling slightly.

Oscar looks at him with a frown.

"Is someone going to tell me what happened?" Mom says as she walks to me and places her hands on my face. "What happened my love?" She asks me.

"Ma." I smile at her and lean into her hands. "I'm okay. Just a little roughed up." I tell her.

"Y/n. Dont lie to me." She tells me. I look at Oscar and Danny.

"What's for supper ma? I'm hungry." I ask her, changing the subject.

"Oh! I'm making your favorite since you're home from college so early!" She smiles, completely forgetting what she was grilling me about. She walks to the kitchen and stirs a pot on the stove.

"You just changed the conversation so fast." Oscar whispers to me.

"Whatever." I tell him and walk slowly to the couch. "Those high socks look ridiculous."

Oscar looks at his socks, sitting on the couch next to me with Danny on the other side, looking at his socks too.

"It's the uniform Y/n." Danny tells me.

"Whatever." I say again.

"You only have one pair of those socks that you wear everyday? That's disgusting." I tell him.

They just look at me weirdly.

"Of course we have different pairs of socks hyna." Oscar says to me.

"Can you wear socks with patterns or any other color than white? Just to make it fun?" I ask.

They just look at me blankly.

"Ick. Don't look at me like that." I tell them, frowning.

They look away and I smile to myself.

"What's your brother been doing?" I ask Oscar, nudging him with my foot.

He looks at my foot then back at me. I shrug.

"He's been doing some things." He tells me, leaning back on the couch.

"Fucking elaborate. Please." I tell him and roll my eyes.

"Why do you want to know?" He asks me.

"Because Cèsar was like the little brother I never had before I went to college."

"Oh what the fuck Y/N?" Danny asks and stands up, throwing his hands in the air.

I laugh, wincing from the pain my ribs are making me feel.

"Oh... fuck. I love you Dan." I sigh and smile, wiping a tear from the corner of my eye. I don't know why I'm tearing up but it's probably because I laughed so hard but my ribs also hurt like a bitch.

(Words: 733)😞