"How can you say that with a straight face?" He asks, and I turn to face him fully, my fists clenching and unclenching tightly by my side as I struggled against the urge to attack him.

"She made you promise not to leave, when she was at her most vulnerable." I breathe darkly, my voice trembling as I take a threatening step towards him.

"And what did you do?" I grate out in accusation, narrowing my gaze at him.

I watch as his jaw ticks pensively, a flicker of remorse flashing behind his hard, indifferent gaze before being replaced with a look of arrogant nonchalance.

"Say it." I growl fiercely, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and forcefully dragging him towards me as I glared into his familiar blue eyes.

"I had my reasons for leaving." He mutters in a placating tone and I shove him away from me.

I could barely stand to look at him in that moment. Not only had Raphael betrayed Kylie's trust, he had turned his back on me when I came under attack from the others.

"I bet you fucking did." I grunt out angrily before brushing past him forcefully to return the bloodied knife in my hand to the table in the corner of the room.

I glance over at the man nailed down to the wooden chair, he was barely awake but I was satisfied, atleast I had gotten answers. I was much closer to finding Kylie than I was last week and this was progress.

"I spoke with Carlile." Rapheal pipes up, and my spine stiffens. My gaze darkens at his words and I grit my teeth in irritation.

"You did, what?" I snarl viciously, turning to glare at him over my shoulder, my body trembling with barely suppressed rage.

"He wants to come to a peaceful truce." Raphael mutters carefully, keeping a watchful gaze on me, and I still at his words.

"A truce?" I whisper quietly, feeling like a cold bucket of ice was dunked above my head. Raphael takes a step towards me, and faster than I could react, I had a 99 mm pointed to his head, stopping him dead in his tracks.

"Your a friend of the enemy...?" I breathe shakily, gripping the gun tighter in my hand as my gaze darkens further and I turn to face my father with the gun pointed to his head.

"Dominic..."

"Don't you dare say my name." I snarl viciously, gripping the gun tighter.

I suddenly hear the door of the basement fly open.

"Dominic!" A familiar voice calls out to me and I stiffen. "Chloe, you should be with the others!" I grate out forcefully without taking my eyes off my father.

I hear her shuffle forward, and resting her hand on my shoulder, she squeezes it tightly.

"We've found her." She mutters and I stiffen at her words.

"What?" I breathe, the air getting knocked out of my lungs.

Chloe drops her gaze to Rapheal before moving to stand infront of him, protecting him from the gun in my hands.

I grit my teeth at this, and my hand trembles.

"Put it down..." she mutters quietly, keeping her hardened gaze on me. "And listen to what I have to say." She mutters forcefully, and my gaze flickers behind her to observe Rapheal who was watching me closely, and I pull my gun back before tucking it in my waist.

"What do you mean you've found her?" I ask coldly and Chloe swallows hard before glancing over her shoulder at Rapheal.

"Carlile, he-he reached out..." She breathes calmly, her eyes flashing darkly as she peers over me.