4. The First Ball

𝒟ℯ𝒶𝓇ℯ𝓈𝓉 ℛℯ𝒶𝒹ℯ𝓇𝓈,
𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐲 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐲𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫?
————————————————————

I looked at myself in the mirror, "I look ridiculous mother." I told her, "Nonsense, you glow like a a tree." She said back, "You look like a swamp!" My 7 year old sister joked, "You will wear this gown one day." I said back to her.

"Kill me before I wear that." She said with a dramatic flare, I rolled my eyes, "Your father will chaperone you tonight, "Make sure to get a ton of suitors, the quicker you children are off my hands, the better our life can be."

My mother despised kids, she only had them as a obligation of her favorite activity she liked to participate in.

"I will try mother." I said, I looked at myself once final time before I was to leave the house.

" I said, I looked at myself once final time before I was to leave the house

——————

I walked in on my dads arm, I tried to look for Benedict, but I couldn't find him at all.

Ms.Felicity, may you accompany me on the dance floor

Lord Fife walked over to me, "Lady Felicity, may you accompany me on the dance floor?" I looked at my father who nodded, I took Fife's arm and went to the floor with him.

"How are you doing this fine day, Lady Felicity?" "Please just call me Felicity, and I feel amazing, how is your day going along, Lord Fife?" He spun me, "Absolutely amazing since I met you." He flirted with me.

I was spun again when I saw Benedict talking to another woman, she had red hair, a was wearing a horrid orange gown, it was Prudence Featherington, her horrible face glowed with pride, "Her betrothed suspiciously disappeared." Fife said to me.

"How could you tell who I was looking at?" I asked him, "The glare in your eyes was prominent." He said to me, "Amazing." I said in a unbelievable tone, I heard him chuckle as the music came to a end, "May I have another dance, Felicity?" I laughed, "Later my lord, I must first see if there are others." I said in a joking tone.

I curtsied and went to the sidelines, I saw Benedict talking to another lady and thought it hopeless to stay around and wait for him, I decided to dance with more men.

-Later-

I walked outside to get some air when I heard some men talking, "So BB, who will you decide to charm this evening?" A man asked, "I have a long list fellas, but I am looking for my swan." I heard a familiar voice say, I looked a little closer and it was Benedict.

"I believe though I will court the other girls and then go for my Swan, as I know I am destined for her." He joked, I ran back inside leaving a little bit of a mess.