Realizing his eyes were beginning to water, Saheem ashed his blunt and went inside.

"I got stabbed in my back and crossed so many ti—"

"Fuck up." He grumbled, pausing the song.

For once, minus the odd beeping of the smoke alarm, Saheem's penthouse was silent. There wasn't a sibling or cousin in sight.

Finally.

Knowing he had to be at the studio early, Saheem headed to his bedroom. Closing his black-out curtains and turning all the lights off, he climbed into bed.

Forcing the painful thoughts from his mind, Heem let his mind drift to Khepri.

Another problem that needed solving.

Saheem was used to lashing out and not having to face any repercussions. His 'disagreement' with Khepri had shown him she was definitely not going for that.

He knew he couldn't pull up to her house, hand her a half-assed apology and quickly move on.

That wouldn't work, Khepri was nothing like Justice, or any woman he'd been with for that matter. She was very headstrong just as he was, and he didn't know whether that scared or turned him on.

"Fuckin' head hurt," Saheem complained.

Attempting to fall asleep, Saheem twisted and turned in irritation. After nearly pulling a muscle, he stared into the darkness, a deep pout on his face.

As much as he loved this temporary solitude, if he didn't get to sleep he'd be even crankier than usual throughout the day.

Picking up his phone, Saheem went straight to his call log and searched for the only person he could stand to see right now.

No more than a minute after he dialled his number, Quay answered. The pair stayed quiet for a moment before Quay broke the silence.

"You can't sleep either?"

▁▁▁

𝙼𝙰𝙽𝚈 𝙷𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚂 𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁

Sat in front of his soundboard, Saheem's eyes were trained on Lil Baby who was re-recording a verse for the thousandth time.

There were no windows in the studio and Saheem hadn't checked his phone, but he was sure it well into the afternoon.

Not that he minded.

"Under 30, made the Forbes list. I'ma walkin' script, record me. This a 30 in a 40. Switch made it fast as hell." Baby rapped into the mic. "Bitch told me she pray for me, told her pray fa brodie dem inna' cell."

Finishing the verse with the help of Heem and his entourage, Baby left the booth to start on the second verse.

"You know what type'a vibe you want?" Saheem questioned. "You could rap a lil faster since the beat gon' speed up."

"I want a feature on that bitch foreal. Another voice would sound raw onnat shit." Baby sighed.

"Mmh."