𝟎𝟎𝟖

♬ 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐌𝐀
𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘦𝘧 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘧.
𝟏:𝟐𝟖 ➝ ———— 𝟏:𝟑𝟐

𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐉𝐇𝐀𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐈 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐓𝐓
𝔞𝔱𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔞 - 𝔤𝔞 | 𝟼:𝟹𝟶 𝙰𝙼, 𝙽𝙾𝚅 𝟸𝟽𝚃𝙷
―·✩·―

"SCOTT!" Coach Ford, the coach of the Morehouse football team yelled from the stands.

Snapping his head towards the voice, Quay jogged to Ford, confused why he had pulled him away from training.

"Wassup?"

"You know it's gon be NFL recruiters at the game next week? I need you to be on yo shit. You the best on the team, they coming for you."

"I'm already knowin'." The boy nodded. "You reserved those seats up front fa my folks?"

"I do that every game son." Ford laughed warmly before placing a sympathetic hand on the boys shoulder. "They coming this time?"

"Shit, I hope so." He scratched his head— his mind drifting to his parents who had missed the last four games. "I got they plane tickets, we'a see."

"Don't sweat it. Wether they do or don't, we got bigger chicken to fry. Focus on impressing them recruiters and getting yo ass drafted."

"Yes, sir." Quay nodded. "I ca' get back to training na?"

"Gone." Ford clicked his tongue. "Ion know why you be working out so hard, skinny ass boy."

"Got to stay in shape, old man." He joked, dodging the fist that came his way and running back to the field. "Get like me."

Growing up Quamaine wasn't overweight in any shape or form, just chubby— weight typically shed with age. However, as kids do, his siblings and cousins poked fun at his weight whenever they got the chance to.

Whilst the teasing had no malicious intention, it forced him into an eating disorder— which he grew out with Saheem and Rahmier's help.

The elders pushed him into sports as a way to take his mind away from negative thoughts. Instead of seeing football as a way to lose weight, Quamaine took genuine interest in it— his talent being a major factor in that.

During the first year of everybody fleeing for Atlanta, Quay put his all into football and earned a scholarship to play at Morehouse College— following right behind his family.

"Ight y'all." He spoke aloud, gaining the team's attention. "Put sum good on so we ca' get back to it."

Standing over the speaker, the team's quarterback played 'Too Easy' by Gunna and turned it all the way up.

"Shit too easy foreal." Quay boasted, picked up a football and ran past everybody. "LET'S GO!"

▁▁▁

𝙲𝙷𝙸, 𝙸𝙻 @ 𝟷:𝟺𝟻𝙿𝙼

Exiting the airport with Saafir and Saheem hot on his trail, Quay scanned the busy pick-up area for their uncle, Peanut.