[014] a good impression

[014] a good impression

                                   On the day of the ball, tensions were higher in the Astor home than ever before.

                                   If Selene Astor was frustrating to deal with before, she was practically impossible now. Her main priority was making sure that the manor was nothing but perfection by the time company arrived. Camille's mother wouldn't accept anything less. As a result, Camille and Victoire made it a point to avoid both of their parents as much as possible to avoid a potential fight.

                                   As excited as Camille was for the ball, she also felt a little nervous. Camille knew that Tom would be there, seeing as he was staying with Abraxas. Ever since they had left Hogwarts, Tom always found a way to keep in contact with Camille via letters. And Camille always responded back within the very same day. She just wanted to make sure that her parents accepted Tom and saw the good in him that Camille also saw.

                                   Camille just didn't want anything to go wrong, even if that meant concealing the full truth. Camille wasn't sure which secret of Tom's was worse: the fact that he had petrified and killed his own fellow students as the heir of Slytherin or the fact that he was a half blood. Both would be regarded as equally terrible in the eyes of Camille's parents but him being a half blood would've undoubtedly been horrible. Camille would never hear the end of it and her father might actually kill her.