[003] knight in shining armor

[003] knight in shining armor

                    Besides Camille hopelessly pining after Tom Riddle like a fool, nothing truly eventful happened during the first week back.

                    Camille didn't get to see much of her sister, given that she was so busy with her duties as Head Girl. And if Victoire wasn't busy with that, she was often spending more and more of her time with Lily. Although Camille was feeling a little neglected by her sister, she chose to instead devote her time into Tom. Besides their first (and unfortunately, only) conversation during their first dinner back at Hogwarts, they hadn't interacted much after that. They shared Potions, Transfiguration, and Defense Against the Dark Arts together. But other than that, there was no time for them to talk.

                    And frustratingly enough, Camille was able to gain the attention of other boys around school. Everyone except for Tom. She had never gone through that before. Camille was so sure that he was intrigued by her but maybe that was her romantic imagination getting the better of her. Realistically, all Camille had to do was walk up to him and ask but why would she do that? It was more romantic to have the boy chase after you instead. But in order for that to happen, the boy had to know of her existence.

                     How annoying.

                    Camille knew that she should have moved on. But she just couldn't stop thinking about Tom, admiring him in class and allowing her crush on the Head Boy to grow. The challenge of it all was probably what excited Camille the most. Used to having boys fall at her feet, Tom was the first to not do so. He was kind, respectful, but he wasn't tripping over his feet to make Camille notice him. It was almost as though he wanted Camille to do the chasing instead.