[008] an act of kindness

[008] an act of kindness

                               Camille is used to going out on romantic dates and being treated by boys vying for her affections. But this felt far more special than those other dates.

                               Tom was totally attentive, listening to Camille as she spoke. He'd open the door for her, and he held her hand and he laughed at her little jokes, no matter how stupid they really were. He was so charming, going to Madam Puddifoot's with her even when most boys didn't care to go at all. Camille felt so lucky but she couldn't help but admit that something more was missing. Something related to Tom. Camille felt a little guilty talking about herself when there was so much she didn't know about Tom. And Camille wanted to learn everything, from his past to what he wanted his future to look like. 

                                And so, that's exactly what Camille intended to do while on her date with Tom.

                               "Tom," Camille dreamily sighs, looking over at the handsome boy who sat across from her. They were holding hands on the table, surrounded by other couples who looked equally lovestruck with each other. "Is it alright if... I ask you some things now?"

                                Tom nods. "You can ask me absolutely anything you want to. I won't refuse you."

                               "Tell me about your family. You already so much about mine. Everyone knows so much about mine. I'd like to learn about yours," Camille replied.