[013] all is not well in the astor home

Start from the beginning

                            For now, Camille still held onto the hope that pure love would help Tom and wash him of his sins. Wasn't that what muggles believed when it came to their Jesus Christ? Jesus' love and forgiveness was enough to cleanse you of your sins and make you clean again. Camille certainly didn't think of herself as being a god, even despite the pureblood beliefs she had engraved in her head. But Camille believed that if she loved Tom hard enough and showed him another way, Tom could turn around and change for the better.

                             He had made his mistakes, he had stained his hands with blood. But Camille was more than willing to wash his hands clean and try to make things work. She didn't have a choice - Tom wouldn't let her go even if she wanted to flee.

                             "Camille," her father slams his fist down onto the table, causing the girl to jump.

                             She snapped out of her thoughts before looking around her, realizing that she was seated at her dining table. Camille had been back at home for a couple days now and yet, her mind was stuck inside the Chamber of Secrets. She was always lost inside her mind, wondering about what she was going to do and how she could help Tom. But then again, Victoire was in a similar predicament - she just had a different person in mind. The two girls were practically useless and Jacques Astor felt thankful they had house elves to take care of them or else everything would fall apart.

                            "I'm sorry, Father," Camille apologizes. "You were saying?"

                            His frown deepens. "What is with you? You're here but you're not here. Your mind is elsewhere."

                             "Maybe she's too busy dreaming about her boyfriend," Victoire mutters, stabbing her fork into her dinner.

                              Camille watches the steak bleed the more Victoire applied pressure and suddenly, the girl instantly loses her appetite.

                            "Boyfriend?" her mother repeats.

                            "I -," Camille begins to say.

                            "Who is Victoire talking about?" her father cut her off, the look in his eyes demanding Camille to tell him the truth.

                            "His name is Tom Riddle. We've been in a relationship for months now. He's in the same house as me, he's Head Boy, he's charming and intelligent and handsome," Camille explained.

                            "But is he a pureblood?" her father inquired. That was the most important question of all.

                            "Of course," Camille lies. She knew better than to mention the truth. Not only would she be revealing just one of Tom's secrets but her parents would forbid her from seeing him. "You know I wouldn't dare to court anyone of mixed blood."

                            "Good. Now this wouldn't happen to be the same Tom Riddle who's currently staying with your cousin, Abraxas, is it?" her father continued.

                             "Ah, yes. He did mention staying with Brax. The two of them are very close friends so it's not a surprise. This means he'll probably be at the upcoming winter ball," Camille replied.

                             Although there were many events in the world of wealthy purebloods, one of the most important events had to be the winter ball held by the Astor family. Her mother loved to decorate the house and get all dressed up, treating her two daughters like dolls and dressing them up too. Camille remembered being absolutely excited every year the winter ball occurred, looking forward to wearing beautiful dresses and running around with her cousins and friends. Now that she was older, she supposed that she still enjoyed the winter ball but she knew that it was more than just an event to get all dressed up for.