introduction

INTRODUCTION
•MY HERO•

it had been valerie barnes' plan since she was little to get out of her childhood home as quick as possible. she'd spent her whole teen years working two jobs, studying morning to night, getting no sleep and never eating, just so she could earn enough money to get her own place.

when teenagers come to the decision of what their future will look like, most are extremely uncertain of what they want to do. valerie knew from the moment she turned eleven. she wanted to help people, and stop people from going through the same things that she went through.

valerie joined the police academy, where she met angela lopez. the two women immediately clicked, they lived together to the end of the academy and then both made their way into the lapd where they transformed from rookies to training officers together.

lopez and barnes had a very close bond, a bong that valerie never had with anyone before. it was comforting, angela lopez was there for valerie. she listened to her and helped her cope with everything she'd dealt with during her life. angela understood valerie like she'd never been understood before.

valerie had well-trained many rookies, she'd proven herself in the lapd and many people looked up to her as an inspiration. she was considered strong, independent and fierce. though, her closest friends knew that inside she was just a broken girl piecing her life together again.

it had been a long time since she'd moved away from her house, from her so-called family. valerie had an older brother whom protected her like she were glass ready to drop, she loved him truly but as he was older he moved out sooner than she did. he'd offered to take her with him but their father would not allow that.

valerie's mother passed away when she was just able to walk. that's when valerie's life flipped upside down, her father took all of his emotions out on herself and her brother. he traumatised them for years and years, until they were finally able to leave him.

valerie felt no guilt in leaving her father all by himself, she couldn't stand to look at him. valerie could never speak to her father again, she'd made sure that he could never find her again, that he could never contact her again. and she prayed that it would stay that way, she couldn't deal with having him in her life again.

and a certain blonde haired cop would make sure he could never touch her again. because tim bradford would protect valerie barnes with his life.

•••••

small introduction to get this
book started !