005. Meetings and goodbyes.

season 12, episode 23.

"God, please

"God, please. I need help." Kelly prayed, her phone in her hand and paint residue on her hands. Maizie was behind her, quietly laughing at the woman while finishing up the mural on the wall,

A voice broke out from the older woman's phone, "I'm trying to help you, ma'am."

Kelly's head swivelled back to her phone, "Are you, Sven? Because if you ask me if I have the quarter-inch Allen wrench one more time, I am going to come down there and burn your giant Viking junkyard of a store to the ground! Do you understand?!" She angrily told him. Maizie was trying not to burst out laughing, with her hand pressed against her mouth small giggles still spilled from her mouth.

Maizie could practically hear the exasperated look on his face as he conversed with the heavily pregnant woman, "Are you sure it wasn't in the box?"

"God!" With that she threw the phone across the room, Maizie letting out her laughs and Castiel walking into the chaos.

"Kelly. I told you I'd put this together. I'm very good at following instructions-" Maizie gave him a look of doubt. "And you need to rest."

Kelly stubbornly shook her head and turned her back to the angel, "No, I don't."

"Kelly-" He helped the woman to her feet, Maizie turning her back and quietly finishing up the mural as they started a hushed conversation.

"No, Cas, I don't. I can't. I don't know how long until..." She looked up at him. "I don't know how long I have left. And I-I'm never gonna be able to teach him how to ride a bike or watch him get married or even look him in the eyes. But I can build him a stupid Swedish crib! I can do that." She finished her sentence with glazed eyes.

"Kelly, I know how hard this is-" She gave him an incredulous look, "That's a lie. I have no idea how hard this is for you. But I promise you... I will do everything. I will give my life for your son. And I will raise him. And I will make him someone you will be proud of."

She looked at him with grateful eyes, "I know." She looked back at Maizie, the girl had begun to quietly hum to herself, trying to drown out the voices of the adults in the room. She didn't want to intrude on their moment. Kelly moved to stand behind the girl, wrapping an arm around her. The girl abruptly stopped her humming and wrapped both of her arms around the mother. "I'm going to miss you Kells." The teenager mumbled into the woman's shoulder.

"I'm not going anywhere Maze-" Kelly reached up and unclipped the necklace that was hanging around her neck, "I'll always be with you, alright?" She gave the necklace to Maizie, causing the teenager to look at the older woman with glassy eyes, "Would you put it on for me?" "Turn around."

Maizie turned her back to Kelly and she gave the woman her necklace back. She carefully lifted the hair of the teenager, letting the necklace fall down on Maizies chest. Turning Maizie back around and softly wiping away the tears that had fallen Kelly told her girl, "It's okay Maze. I promise everything will be okay." The tears began to fall as the mother cradled Maizie to her chest, her own tears softly trailing down her cheeks. "I'll be with you until the sun dies."